Who should replace Liza Harvey as Wa liberal leader?

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI forgot to mention you should look into nick marvins background. He was the churchie candidate in riverton. The other bloke fell out with them.

Goiran?

He has way too much control.
Rolled McGraths preferred successor in S/P after promising him the seat only to give it to a churchy as well.

Porter's biggest claim to fame is being the most arrogant person in parliament. Not a bad effort.

Its also not a bad effort to be as arrogant when you squib a preselection with Goodenough.

Not to worry, given they are talking about abolishing Porters seat at the next election the plan is to parachute Porter in to Goodenoughs, which will annoy the Churchies

Its also not a bad effort to be as arrogant when you squib a preselection with Goodenough.

Not to worry, given they are talking about abolishing Porters seat at the next election the plan is to parachute Porter in to Goodenoughs, which will annoy the Churchies

Looking forward to the fall out from the redistribution.

Looking at the layout i think Pearce and Hasluck are the two obvious seats but i can't see it politically viable to eliminate Ken Wyatt's seat.

Goodenough makes me laugh. You look at him and go "how is this guy in parliament" If Porter tried to swap that would definitely be a s**t fight. I could also see Porter leaving parliament because he could probably come in as a partner at a law firm would be much better coin.

Looking forward to the fall out from the redistribution.

Looking at the layout i think Pearce and Hasluck are the two obvious seats but i can't see it politically viable to eliminate Ken Wyatt's seat.

Goodenough makes me laugh. You look at him and go "how is this guy in parliament" If Porter tried to swap that would definitely be a sh*t fight. I could also see Porter leaving parliament because he could probably come in as a partner at a law firm would be much better coin.
Goodenough will probably retire next election.

Theres a in principle deal with a liberal hack to take over, but if Porter's seat goes watch this space.

That will be 2/2 for Porter turfing the local party stalwart in that case.

Kirkup holds Dawesville on a 0.7% margin, the narrowest Liberal seat in the state.
Dawesvile had a 9% One Nation vote in 2017, more of which I guess will go to the "tough on borders" McGowan. Labor is expected to have a general swing towards it in General. So much so that Liza Harvey who holds Scarborough on a 5% margin is expected to be in a real fight for her seat, so Kirkup is in a very precarious position.

Kirkup may gain a bit through name recognition but it won't be enough.

I guess his Young Liberal, to Liberal staffer, to Liberal MP to "Future PM" (that's what he puts on his business cards) route isn't going to be helped by this election.

Hey, I guess losing avoids him having to commute to his electorate (he lives near the city, about an hour away). Makes it easier to date his girlfriend, editor at The West Jenna Clarke. Must have only been a recent thing, as he married his first wife only in 2018 but seems to have separated from her soon after. Wonder how all the religious fundamentalists who run the Liberals feel about that? Probably nothing as they all love Trump so why care about their own leader's "family values"?

Kirkup holds Dawesville on a 0.7% margin, the narrowest Liberal seat in the state.
Dawesvile had a 9% One Nation vote in 2017, more of which I guess will go to the "tough on borders" McGowan. Labor is expected to have a general swing towards it in General. So much so that Liza Harvey who holds Scarborough on a 5% margin is expected to be in a real fight for her seat, so Kirkup is in a very precarious position.

Kirkup may gain a bit through name recognition but it won't be enough.

I guess his Young Liberal, to Liberal staffer, to Liberal MP to "Future PM" (that's what he puts on his business cards) route isn't going to be helped by this election.

Hey, I guess losing avoids him having to commute to his electorate (he lives near the city, about an hour away). Makes it easier to date his girlfriend, editor at The West Jenna Clarke. Must have only been a recent thing, as he married his first wife only in 2018 but seems to have separated from her soon after. Wonder how all the religious fundamentalists who run the Liberals feel about that? Probably nothing as they all love Trump so why care about their own leader's "family values"?

Yes, will be interesting to see the “ happy clapper “ responses when a Labor representative attacks Zac on the “ family value’s “. The electioneering might get verbally very brutal.

Libs must distance themselves from the “ happy clapper’s “, they are a weight around their neck, like ultra left wing unionists, to the Labor Party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libs must distance themselves from the “ happy clapper’s “, they are a weight around their neck, like ultra left wing unionists, to the Labor Party.

Barely any "ultra lefty unionists" wielding influence in 2020 Labor.

The happy clapper brigade however has branch stacked multiple WA Liberal branches to an untouchable point, esp in the northern suburbs. A Pentecostalist church got their man, Goodenough, preselected by bussing in church members to Liberal party meetings.

If Kirkup opens his mouth and starts yelling at McGowan on things like Euthanasia, Abortion, Cannabis, LGBT rights, etc they'll happily ignore his obvious dumping of his wife to start rooting a chick who can put the media on his side.

Thank god someone with a brain told Liza Harvey to back away. When will politicians learn old fat females aggressive opposition females don't do well. Look at Judith Collins. Anyone that looks like Judith Collins or sounds like her is getting wipped out.

Save us Julie Bishop. But might be wise to have her after the wipeout.
Id love to be making labor attack ads if she stayed

Just keep endless loops of her saying open up the state in the middle of a global pandemic and watch the numbers get closer to 95%

Im looking forward to the next federal election ads quoting scomo and dutton et al telling wa what to do and signing up to palmers lawsuit

Like we wa folk need an excuse to dislike eastern staters in power that just use us as an open wallet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back