Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why dont people like Smith though? Id rather him to yet another slimey operator - least Smith is a true blue aussie who loves test cricket.

If he's such a true blue Aussie why has he chosen to be a cartoon character of a fat orange American?

Yes every party needs a headkicker, but too often he resorts to cheap stunts.

Why dont people like Smith though? Id rather him to yet another slimey operator - least Smith is a true blue aussie who loves test cricket.
I think it’s because he’s a c***

Cut his teeth selling women's beauty products. Another qualified Liberal to get us through the pandemic.
And he's into Reagan , Southwick says “I am fortunate to have had some business success. I strongly believe that if you make a go of business you need to give back by helping others get on their feet. I have long believed that it is important to give back and to help those who are less fortunate. As a Liberal I know that the best way society can help those who need it is through giving them the tools to help themselves. As Ronald Reagan said, ‘Welfare’s purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence’

As far as Reagan quotes go, that's pretty unobjectionable. You give welfare to people in order for them to one day not be on welfare.

David is one of the kindest and most genuine people I've ever met in politics. I wish him every success.

Cut his teeth selling women's beauty products. Another qualified Liberal to get us through the pandemic.
And he's into Reagan , Southwick says “I am fortunate to have had some business success. I strongly believe that if you make a go of business you need to give back by helping others get on their feet. I have long believed that it is important to give back and to help those who are less fortunate. As a Liberal I know that the best way society can help those who need it is through giving them the tools to help themselves. As Ronald Reagan said, ‘Welfare’s purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence’
I don't always have role models but when I do they're senile failed actors. Funny how conservatives take government vowing to decrease the size of it and then discover how much fun it is to have access to Treasurey and all that goes out the window, yet the people who put them there fall hook line and sinker for that line every time.

As far as Reagan quotes go, that's pretty unobjectionable. You give welfare to people in order for them to one day not be on welfare.

David is one of the kindest and most genuine people I've ever met in politics. I wish him every success.
But it's not possible to eradicate the need for welfare, it's ideological nonsense.

If we’re measuring this kind of statement against those of people like Smith, Finn or O’Brien then it’s not too bad. It’s the kind of thing you can obviously disagree with if you’re not a Liberal but at the very least it isn’t completely insane. Maybe it’s a low bar but you can’t expect a Liberal politician to not hold these kind of values as they wouldn’t be considered a Liberal otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’re measuring this kind of statement against those of people like Smith, Finn or O’Brien then it’s not too bad. It’s the kind of thing you can obviously disagree with if you’re not a Liberal but at the very least it isn’t completely insane. Maybe it’s a low bar but you can’t expect a Liberal politician to not hold these kind of values as they wouldn’t be considered a Liberal otherwise.
How is he going to help the 'less fortunate' exactly?

Wait........

Isn't that the MAFIA GUY ??

Won't matter, he'll win the next election because it's only bad when Labor replace their leaders, i know this because newscorp and fairfax told me

But it's not possible to eradicate the need for welfare, it's ideological nonsense.

Let me read you back what you just wrote.

I've bolded this for you to aid comprehension.

Let me read you back what you just wrote.
Aristotle Pickett said:
I've bolded this for you to aid comprehension.
Don Watson time again.

He’s stupid, he’s incompetent. He’s from the school of hysterical politicking which is never helpful in any situation. And like too many of his colleagues, he’s a nasty piece of work. He’s not up to the requirements of the job.

His idea for getting rid of covid was cull fruit bats and let it rip

Wow, what a great philosophy of Reagan. I'm surprised no one has heard of this before.
My point being Reagan's statement actually means nothing and is just a to please ideologues .

I don't dispute that. I believe the only point I was making about Reagan was that criticising Southwick for using one of Reagan's tamest quotes is a bit of a reach.

I don't dispute that. I believe the only point I was making about Reagan was that criticising Southwick for using one of Reagan's tamest quotes is a bit of a reach.
Any politician that is a fan of Reagan is a economic rationalist that wants to rip money from welfare, health and education.
So for him to say he wants to look after the less fortunate is clearly rubbish.
Reagan was a terrible president by most measures.

Any politician that is a fan of Reagan is a economic rationalist that wants to rip money from welfare, health and education.
So for him to say he wants to look after the less fortunate is clearly rubbish.
Reagan was a terrible president by most measures.

Two points:

1. I'm not a fan of Reagan.
2. Don't let me see you complain about gross generalisations anywhere.

Meeting was held on a 18 seater bus with some members sitting on other's members laps.
Full report to be given after Mathew is dropped off at Golden Dragon restaurant.

Back