Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Little Johnny had a personality?
He would have been barracking for nature against the four year old autistic lad yesterday worried that by finding him they've created an unhealthy dependency on people asking the government for help in looking for lost kids.

We're talking about the beauty products climate denier guy, you're off topic.

No, you stated Southwick was unqualified to be Deputy Opposition Leader. He founded and ran succesful beauty product company, I would've thought running a successful commercial business would be a good grounding for a politician.

Perhaps you're sneering your nose at him because you're a mysoginist who doesn't believe that "beauty products" could be a serious commercial enterprise.

Tell me what you think about Daniel Andrews qualifications taking 6 years to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree and no employment experience outside of the ALP?

Mathew Guy. His single policy agenda on 'African gangs' proved a winner and I enjoy basking in his general decency.
No, you stated Southwick was unqualified to be Deputy Opposition Leader. He founded and ran succesful beauty product company, I would've thought running a successful commercial business would be a good grounding for a politician.

Perhaps you're sneering your nose at him because you're a mysoginist who doesn't believe that "beauty products" could be a serious commercial enterprise.

Tell me what you think about Daniel Andrews qualifications taking 6 years to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree and no employment experience outside of the ALP?
"I would've thought running a successful commercial business would be a good grounding for a politician." -That's where you are wrong. Running a commercial business has nothing to do with representing your constituents or governing millions of people.
He's just another Liberal/Murdoch puppet who takes orders from someone else.
How does running a small business make you qualified exactly?
Try not to mention Dan Andrews in your answer.
Also, we all know Mathew Guy is a died in the wool racist and what he thinks of Sudanese refugees .
That's the Liberal party for you, a newscorp, pro-business , pro-Andrew Bolt bag of Geese.

Gwyneth Paltro runs a beauty products business so does Nadia Bartel.
Should they run for office?According to you they're qualified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southwick also said they should "get the book thrown at them".

I used to live across the road from the synagogue in question. I'm not surprised by the news.

In a roundabout way, I was trying to point out that there is no acceptable choice for a poster like yourself and others in this echo chamber of a thread.
Well that's not true, I'd accept Roma Britnell and be somewhat impressed with the Liberals if they chose her. But I don't live in Victoria, and even if I did, it probably wouldn't change my vote, so make of that what you will.

I'm not a Victorian, but the decision to reappoint Matthew Guy makes no real sense to me.

He was thrashed in the last election and seems to be the wrong sort of Liberal (i.e. too right wing) from the wrong electorate.

This has shades of the QLD LNP going back to Lawrence Springborg after 2015, but even he at least gained ground in the elections that he contested.

People cite John Howard, but he was up against a tired ALP government with an unpopular PM - plus he had not been Opposition Leader for almost a decade, so people had largely forgotten about his last stint anyway.

Dan has the same real world experience as Matthew Guy - a lifelong party hack.

I'm not a Victorian, but the decision to reappoint Matthew Guy makes no real sense to me.

He was thrashed in the last election and seems to be the wrong sort of Liberal (i.e. too right wing) from the wrong electorate.

This has shades of the QLD LNP going back to Lawrence Springborg after 2015, but even he at least gained ground in the elections that he contested.

People cite John Howard, but he was up against a tired ALP government with an unpopular PM - plus he had not been Opposition Leader for almost a decade, so people had largely forgotten about his last stint anyway.
Guy and his Mob mates are much more reminiscent of the Days of Bjelke-Petersen.

Nearly everyone would agree however they have no one of quality.

Back