Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good point. John Kennedy is popular in Hawthorn and may be difficult to unseat and Pesutto would easily stabilise Kew.

Might be a bit too clever for the Victorian Libs.

Gawd. I hope not. He is my MP. I have only met him a couple of times. And admittedly Tim Smith, Georgie Crozier and David Davis were in the room as well. - so the bar wasn't set ridiculously high.

The only saving grace is that Kennedy doesn't post on social media. If he did it would be Tim Smith embarressment levels.

And I am politically left wing.

Looking forward to the Fed election when I can tell Josh what I think of him and his policies

Tells you all you need to know about Guy too unfortunately. Ludicrous appointment- poor error of judgment.
This appointment of Tim Smith as Shadow Attorney General has blown up in Matthew Guy's face, remember it was Guy who appointed Smith to be Shadow AG in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me if Michael O'Brien was the new Shadow Attorney General (which he should've been after losing the leadership to Guy) and John Pesutto takes over as the member for Kew. If that was to happen, all of a sudden Labor has a major fight on its hands, and the 2022 state election could be a lot closer than in 2018.

So the choice now for Guy is to pick the bloke he dumped or the bloke he replaced & who doesn't want the job or give the job again to someone without a law degree. What a rabble! :laughv1: .

-------------------------------------------------

Mr Guy is expected to issue a statement later in the day, and will need to find a new shadow attorney general. The Opposition Leader was at the time questioned on his decision to appoint Mr Smith, who does not hold a law degree, to the role of shadow attorney general. While it is not mandatory for the state’s highest law officers to have a law degree, it is convention.

The other three Coalition MPs with law degrees are Ed O’Donohue, who is resigning from Parliament at the end of this year, former leader Michael O’Brien who had told Mr Guy he was not intending to return to the frontbench after being removed as leader, and Neale Burgess who was dumped from shadow cabinet after the spill.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...e-than-twice-legal-limit-20211031-p594pt.html

It's my right to mentally terrorise other people into liking the same things as me!

And why is Dim Tim calling anyone else a fool?
It more says things about Bernie Finn.
Dim tim (even knowing of drink driving) > Finn (wanting the commitment to gay conversion)
What it means is Finn is a low bar.
Inanimate carbon rod beats both.

There's gonna be a lot of people who won't know what to do on election day. Punish Dan but then you're stuck with this.
Fork it lets all vote green and see what happens.

I reckon this will work out for the Libs. Make him resign and force a by-election. Smith was such an embarrassment that there’s a good chance he may have lost the next election anyway. Get Pesutto to switch to Kew and they’ll probably retain the seat and get one of their best performers back in Parliament before the next election.
Pesutto on record as stating the use of phrase “Scotty from marketing “ = hardcore labor partisan unwilling to engage in genuine debate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this will work out for the Libs. Make him resign and force a by-election. Smith was such an embarrassment that there’s a good chance he may have lost the next election anyway. Get Pesutto to switch to Kew and they’ll probably retain the seat and get one of their best performers back in Parliament before the next election.

If they look at it objectively, yes, this would be their best course electorally.

Although I'm not convinced Guy and Dim Tim's faction would willingly make a way for a prominent moderate who'd have leadership appeal. They'd only accept a by-election in Kew if they controlled the numbers and could nominate their own replacement.

This appointment of Tim Smith as Shadow Attorney General has blown up in Matthew Guy's face, remember it was Guy who appointed Smith to be Shadow AG in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me if Michael O'Brien was the new Shadow Attorney General (which he should've been after losing the leadership to Guy) and John Pesutto takes over as the member for Kew. If that was to happen, all of a sudden Labor has a major fight on its hands, and the 2022 state election could be a lot closer than in 2018.
Maybe, but Pesutto doesn’t seem interested, and one swallow doesn‘t make a summer.

The gift that just keeps giving.

4WGVknP.jpg

qnupNbG.jpg

Senior Liberals are now starting to wonder about removing Tim Smith from his seat of Kew after what happened earlier today. The only person disappointed that Smith has resigned from Shadow Cabinet would be Daniel Andrews.

Hmmmm - stupid professional politician blows his only chance in life - to be a professional politician.

* off - you won’t be missed.

Seriously, how dumb is he? It is one thing for an incognito like me to do this - and I wouldn’t - WTF is he thinking he can drive after 2 drinks even. The level of entitlement and exceptionalism amongst these people is incredible.

No great loss for the state of Victoria so no damage done.

Gawd. I hope not. He is my MP. I have only met him a couple of times. And admittedly Tim Smith, Georgie Crozier and David Davis were in the room as well. - so the bar wasn't set ridiculously high.

The only saving grace is that Kennedy doesn't post on social media. If he did it would be Tim Smith embarressment levels.

Looking forward to the Fed election when I can tell Josh what I think of him and his policies
IDK, this tweet is a banger.

Senior Liberals are now starting to wonder about removing Tim Smith from his seat of Kew after what happened earlier today. The only person disappointed that Smith has resigned from Shadow Cabinet would be Daniel Andrews.
Doubt this will help the Libs broad based appeal.

Tim Smith is last man standing when it comes to not allying with the more extreme religious elements.

Might I ask what's the problem with Kennedy?

Back