Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

Who should replace Michael O’Brien as Victorian Liberal leader?

• Peta Credlin

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Peter Costello

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Matthew Guy

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Tim Smith

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Jeff Kennett

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Inanimate Carbon Rod

Votes: 28 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Seeing that Opposition Leader Michael O’Brien has failed to land any big blows on Daniel Andrews over the Coronavirus crisis could O’Brien be replaced in time for the 2022 state election?

And who should the candidates for the job be?

Discuss.

Tim Smith would probably be the funniest outcome.

Peta Credlin would make life difficult for Daniel Andrews at parliamentary question time, if Credlin was made leader. You only have to see just how uncomfortable and stressed out Andrews was when questioned by Credlin in recent Coronavirus press conference. Michael O’Brien doesn’t stand a chance of winning the 2022 election the way things are going at the moment.

Peta Credlin would make life difficult for Daniel Andrews at parliamentary question time, if Credlin was made leader. You only have to see just how uncomfortable and stressed out Andrews was when questioned by Credlin in recent Coronavirus press conference. Michael O’Brien doesn’t stand a chance of winning the 2022 election the way things are going at the moment.

Peta Credlin failed as PM, why would we want her as premier?

Tim Smith would probably be the funniest outcome.

Little Timmy. The bloke who launched into Andrews for making people wear face masks while driving. Leaving the interviewer to inform him drivers don't have to wear masks. The expression on Timmy's face was classic.

There are other luminaries like Finn. Love him to step-up. But leaving Obie there is quite acceptable to those of the left, based on his performance as Treasurer and Opp Leader.

Lol hes the most effective visible opposition leader. You don't win from being opposition you win by letting opponent and catching at right time. Abbott waited for Gillard carbon tax and latched on near the election.

Better than jodi mckay, Lisa Harvey. Those two are toxic. Hes the least toxic if you ran a poll

The fact labour keep bringing up Tim Smith as boogy man and not micheal o brien indicates his success

Lol hes the most effective visible opposition leader. You don't win from being opposition you win by letting opponent and catching at right time. Abbott waited for Gillard carbon tax and latched on near the election.

Better than jodi mckay, Lisa Harvey. Those two are toxic. Hes the least toxic if you ran a poll

The fact labour keep bringing up Tim Smith as boogy man and not micheal o brien indicates his success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing that Opposition Leader Michael O’Brien has failed to land any big blows on Daniel Andrews over the Coronavirus crisis could O’Brien be replaced in time for the 2022 state election?

And who should the candidates for the job be?

Discuss.

Seeing that Daniel Andrews will not be the ALP leader in the 2022 state election what's the point of this thread?

Is Jascave a real person or a bot?

Seeing that Daniel Andrews will not be the ALP leader in the 2022 state election what's the point of this thread?

Is Jascave a real person or a bot?

he's been saying the alp caucus is about to boot andrews for 4 months now, so i figured he's changed tac since thats not happening

the scary thing is his list. its the list of candidates an alp person would select for the libs, not one someone who wants them to win would

They really have no one. Tim Smith would be hilarious but he is genuinely inept. Wouldn't be surprised to see Guy back at the helm, which is funny considering 2018. At the end of the day I don't think it'll matter. Andrews will step down and either Merlino or Hennessy will lead the ALP to victory.

They really have no one. Tim Smith would be hilarious but he is genuinely inept. Wouldn't be surprised to see Guy back at the helm, which is funny considering 2018. At the end of the day I don't think it'll matter.

Tim Smith would be ******* funny.

He's like the Oompa Loompa version of Mark Latham

he's been saying the alp caucus is about to boot andrews for 4 months now, so i figured he's changed tac since thats not happening

the scary thing is his list. its the list of candidates an alp person would select for the libs, not one someone who wants them to win would

Andrews won't be ALP leader. Pakula will probably slime his way out of the Inquiry and be leader for 2022.

I can see Pakula v O'Brien and Pakula winning. Victoria is fairly rusted on Labor state.

Andrews won't be ALP leader. Pakula will probably slime his way out of the Inquiry and be leader for 2022.

I can see Pakula v O'Brien and Pakula winning. Victoria is fairly rusted on Labor state.

I've been saying for months he won't, but the op is implying it's always imminent.

Libs need someone fresh, who can communicate, and who has a vision for the state. That's not O'Brien, and definitely not guy or Smith. They need to take a risk and go outside the old guard (and steer clear of Sukkars evan bloc)

They really have no one. Tim Smith would be hilarious but he is genuinely inept. Wouldn't be surprised to see Guy back at the helm, which is funny considering 2018. At the end of the day I don't think it'll matter. Andrews will step down and either Merlino or Hennessy will lead the ALP to victory.

Dan has withstood the shitstorm and will be leader at the next election.

Played it beautifully so far.
Inquiry, ongoing, that's why I set it up, will report, I won't comment, let them do their job, when they report we'll have more to say.
Soon as Judge Coate hands down her report....it will become the past, happened months ago, we dealth with it in detail, you journo nuffies asked me a million questions everyday for months...let's focus on the future, still got CoVid, public health team doing an amazeballs job, we'll implement the recommendations, we've learned from our mistakes.

Back