Scape Goat Who should we trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

A worse backline
All things considered mate our backline is actually doing alright - this is the thread for improving the list yeah by trading?

Well you don't have to like it but it's an option if you want another early pick to fix all the other holes since a BP is replaceable fairly easily.

A Sicily or such is not.

I don't even like it - but it will get us something of note for a spot that can be covered.

Trade Hardwick? Guys we need some defenders who actually have a defensive side. We're already playing on the edge with Scrimma, Jiath & Impey who are great offensively but average defensively. Sicily likewise when he returns. It makes someone like Dimma deceptively important. It's also why Day was so special because he had an incredible balance of both styles.

Trading out your 24 year old staple defender for what would likely be a second round pick maximum is not a smart way to approach a rebuild.

All things considered mate our backline is actually doing alright - this is the thread for improving the list yeah by trading?

Well you don't have to like it but it's an option if you want another early pick to fix all the other holes since a BP is replaceable fairly easily.

A Sicily or such is not.

I don't even like it - but it will get us something of note for a spot that can be covered.
So who would you like to replace him with?

Trade Hardwick? Guys we need some defenders who actually have a defensive side. We're already playing on the edge with Scrimma, Jiath & Impey who are great offensively but average defensively. Sicily likewise when he returns. It makes someone like Dimma deceptively important. It's also why Day was so special because he had an incredible balance of both styles.

Trading out your 24 year old staple defender for what would likely be a second round pick maximum is not a smart way to approach a rebuild.
All fair points mate - all i asked is what we'd get - you reckon a 2nd rd pick. Yeah nah, not this year.

So who would you like to replace him with?
I don't want to - all I'm asking is what is he worth?

We need to keep our class in Sicily, Wingard etc - I'm okay with just grabbing the 2nd pick plus our two 2nd rounders and letting things take their course. I'm not impatient about this - I just thought I'd ask. But the loose gooses that want immediate drastic overhauls didn't get the chance too put forward outrageous things in answer to my question because some level heads got here first - oh well I've run out of bait - leave it up to our new list manager. I have faith.

Probably but it's one of the easiest spot to fill, esp one who just defends and doesn't run and carry at all.
Damn apparently he had a lot meters gained today - who would have thunk it - before posting such rubbish :think:

I hate fishing and only getting one nibble. :embarrassedv1:

Probably but it's one of the easiest spot to fill, esp one who just defends and doesn't run and carry at all.
He's one of the very few who consistently brings hardness. That is something we've struggled to fill since many of our threepeat champions have left. We need to find more guys like him if anything.

He's one of the very few who consistently brings hardness. That is something we've struggled to fill since many of our threepeat champions have left. We need to find more guys like him if anything.
Bloody oath mate. Frosty had it and so did Sicily before the umps tried to get it out of them. We need some of this hardness up forward - unsure what has happened to Lewis as he was a angry bugger in his best year.

Don’t be an idiot. Our age profile looks nothing like the contenders. Go look at the saints. The whole list is in their prime and they are sitting outside the 8.
Just going to reiterate, the saints list is in its absolute prime years (by age profile) and it is getting belted and not in the 8. Hawthorn has a clear list problem which will resolve itself in a few years with player development and the addition of new talent ie we are missing the players aged 24-28 that usually carry the team but that is straight forward to address through the draft and waiting for players on the list to mature.

in our match against the saints their medium age was 25 while ours was 23. they have a large number of players in the 24-28 age range already so if they are simply not up to it now it is hard to see what can be changed to bring about a dramatically improved performance.

I don’t understand the calls for Breust to be traded. For what exactly? No one can play his role. He’s irreplaceable. The same with Gunston.

Our small/medium forward stocks is the worst in the competition. We don’t have anyone coming through. Morris, Moore and Hanrahan doesn’t exactly scream “talent”.

I love Breust and would love him to stay. I think there is only 1 club he might go to and that's the Dogs. Their first round pick is going to get used for Darcy so trading that pick for Breust and some later picks back might appeal to the Dogs especially with the no bid wink agreement on darcy. Other than that I don't see him going anywhere.

Anyone else have the thought that we are playing Mitchell to trade now?

(I know I am biased but just feels like that based on the Carlton game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back