Scape Goat Who should we trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct. Put Bailey Smith and Karl Amon into our side and Mitchell‘s impact changes significantly.

We need class ball users, and people that can move through or leave contests at pace.

We are feeling the loss of Smith, Henderson and Scully I think.
Hopefully those players can be Seamus Mitchell and Saunder from this year’s draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully those players can be Seamus Mitchell and Saunder from this year’s draft?

Yes, or maybe there’s another Amon at Port or the Crows or the Suns who wouldn’t mind getting back to Vic.

Remember, Amon wasn’t rated highly when he was gettable, in fact even the mention of his name on these board had people mocking Hawthorn as to how desperate we were if we were even considering him for a late pick trade.

Seamus is the one we’d have earmarked internally for a role you would think, and hopefully Saunders and Morris continue to build.

The giants have there first rounder too. It’s looking like a disaster for them at the moment
They are still going to pick up Daicos who is arguably the best kid in the draft. They’ll just need to trade off a couple of B or C graders to make sure that get enough points which I have no doubt they will do because that’s pretty much what Graeme Wright lives for.

They have already shown last year that thy will do what is needed in order to get the list back in shape so I can’t see them not making even more changes this year.

You wouldn’t do it. It would be crazy to weaken an already weak sector on our list.

I just think his mobility is going to always be a major problem for him with how quick the game is now!Where Jeka and Kossie have pretty quick wheels for big guys.For interest sake what do you think we could get for him?

Correct. Put Bailey Smith and Karl Amon into our side and Mitchell‘s impact changes significantly.

We need class ball users, and people that can move through or leave contests at pace.

We are feeling the loss of Smith, Henderson and Scully I think.
The game has changed since 2015 - you need more than pace outside the contest. Without pace and agility inside sides like Richmond and dogs will tear you up inside and on transition. Look how quickly Richmond mids closed down space vs the dogs.

If Mitchell was primary ball winner with quick inside mids around him he’d be effective but that only happens with moving on JOM/worpel/shiels. At the moment he shares the clearance load and it doesn’t work. Obviously some quicker/stronger wings would help on transition but doesn’t solve our primary issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think his mobility is going to always be a major problem for him with how quick the game is now!Where Jeka and Kossie have pretty quick wheels for big guys.For interest sake what do you think we could get for him?

We wouldn’t get much for Lewis
Not enough for it to be worth it

Lewis in the square, Kossie at CHF, with Jeka in a pocket leading up, creating space for Lewis

I still think he’s a work in progress and even though he’s not quick, his weapon is his contested marking so I’m not fussed about his pace overall if he can build his belief in his hands and we can get some class around his feet.

Jeka, Kosi and Lewis is the makings of a less classier group of Rough, Schoe and Hale. But maybe Jeka and Kosi can really come on over the next 12 months and become more comparable. They might not have it in them.

All that being said Gunston will be out the door in 2-3 years, and Timmy is Timmy, so I wouldn’t be open to trading out any of Jeka, Lewis or Kosi at this point, unless we knew 110% we were superseding them with a Ben King or someone of that ilk.

Just wondering what Mitchell Lewis would be worth in a trade with Kossie and Jeka coming through?

There's nothing to suggest any of the three at this stage will be top quality AFL forwards or that one or two would be better than the other, so not sure why you would trade any of them. Expect Kosi has the most currency at the moment. I always think sell after a career best year. Not sure Lewis has had that yet. In reality our list has limited trade currency for the players we would want to trade.

It's more about which players to cut for mine. You can still get draft steals with picks in the 60s and 70s, etc, so would rather cut the dead wood and go after kids for the next few years and hope we use our first and second round picks well, that we get some good F/S and NGA selections and that we also get lucky at the back end of the draft.

Probably time to get rid of some serious dead wood, even if it only ends up in a bunch of late picks. We've done alright with late picks before. Mitch Lewis, Harry Morrison, CJ, etc.

Isn't that just recycling late picks and not improving? Or maybe you think Lewis and Morrison are OK, but they've both been sold dozens of times in Bigfooty

Isn't that just recycling late picks and not improving? Or maybe you think Lewis and Morrison are OK, but they've both been sold dozens of times in Bigfooty

I'm a fan of Mitch Lewis because he takes his marks and I feel he kicks more goals than TOB, particularly when he gets a consistent run in the team. Harry Morrison has been very handy this year. I don't know that TOB really offers anything.

I still think he’s a work in progress and even though he’s not quick, his weapon is his contested marking so I’m not fussed about his pace overall if he can build his belief in his hands and we can get some class around his feet.

Jeka, Kosi and Lewis is the makings of a less classier group of Rough, Schoe and Hale. But maybe Jeka and Kosi can really come on over the next 12 months and become more comparable. They might not have it in them.

All that being said Gunston will be out the door in 2-3 years, and Timmy is Timmy, so I wouldn’t be open to trading out any of Jeka, Lewis or Kosi at this point, unless we knew 110% we were superseding them with a Ben King or someone of that ilk.
I think Jeka will end up being the pick of the group. Kosi and Jeka will be our go to forwards. If Lewis can develop into a Hale type then he gets a spot too

Sadly I'm not sure anyone we would trade, has that much value. Bombers got kissed on the dck Daniher and Saad wanted out. Effectively it gave them three top 10 picks, and a full commitment to a rebuild they didn't want... maybe like us.

Ideally we would have one of Mitchell or Wingard leave as FA... in a trade, we'd be lucky to get an end of first. I feel Mitchell is simply blocking Worpel, who needs to be given the keys to that inside, ball hunting role. We are treading water letting Mitchell maintain that, forcing Worpel to play as a high half-forward. Shiel going down was the best thing for Parish... Instead we took a 20 year old Crimmins medallist and seemingly tried to reinvent him...

I also think Wingard is cream in a better team. Although I think he probably offers more leadership than Mitchell does.

I'd would be interesting if we got any serious offers for Gunston last year.... Perhaps we can flick our second, and pies second, into an earlier pick?

We need as much high end young talent as possible.

Last edited:
Sadly I'm not sure anyone we would trade, has that much value. Bombers got kissed on the dck Daniher and Saad wanted out. Effectively it gave them three top 10 picks, and a full commitment to a rebuild they didn't want... maybe like us.

Ideally we would have one of Mitchell or Wingard leave as FA... in a trade, we'd be lucky to get an end of first. I feel Mitchell is simply blocking Worpel, who needs to be given the keys to that inside, ball hunting role. We are treading water letting Mitchell maintain that, forcing Worpel to play as a high half-forward. Shiel going down was the best thing for Parish... Instead we took a 20 year old Crimmins medallist and seemingly tried to reinvent him...

I also think Wingard is cream in a better team. Although I think he probably offers more leadership than Mitchell does.

I'd would be interesting if we got any serious offers for Gunston last year.... Perhaps we can flick our second, and pies second, into an earlier pick?

We need as much high end young talent as possible.
Did the bombers do so great? Fantasia is killing it at Port, Saad destroyed the bombers against the Blues and Daniher looks like the missing piece for Brisbane's serious tilt. Sure essendon got three great picks but they lost three great players and those picks now have to go through the development phase

Did the bombers do so great? Fantasia is killing it at Port, Saad destroyed the bombers against the Blues and Daniher looks like the missing piece for Brisbane's serious tilt. Sure essendon got three great picks but they lost three great players and those picks now have to go through the development phase
I get what you're saying but those players were doing nothing for the scum as a side - all 3 were present & the side still sucked ass.

Whilst they've lost good/very good players, they've picked up guys that they'll build their next team with.

It's ironic that good players left to escape their sh*t culture, yet through little fault of their own, they're making a positive go of it.

Just gotta hope they essendon-up in the near future & we can profit from the rats leaping their sinking ship - then de-rat them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back