Who steps up and cements a spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it might take another year of development for Tyler Brown. He's shown some flashes and had some good games. But he's still a skinny inconsistent beanpole. Only averages 15 disposals which is light on for a prospective midfielder.
Low disposal numbers is probably the main knock on him currently. Prioritising midfield development over cheap kicks in the backline impacts that. Even though that midfield move was ahead of time it was a good decision.

Really like his work in close and movement around the contest including his want to engage and bounce off his direct opponent. A bit more size will help.

I am expecting T Brown, IQ and Noble to have big years in terms of the new kids.
I am hoping Langdon gets back better and stronger than ever, same with Beams.
Keanne, Wilson could be smokies.

Low disposal numbers is probably the main knock on him currently. Prioritising midfield development over cheap kicks in the backline impacts that. Even though that midfield move was ahead of time it was a good decision.

Really like his work in close and movement around the contest including his want to engage and bounce off his direct opponent. A bit more size will help.
He's been compared to Fyfe, I liken him more to Rory Sloane.

Murphy and Sier if they can stay uninjured. I think both have the capacity to be best 22 locks by midseason.

Quaynor, T Brown and Keane will be in the "showing something" category but not cement.

I think Kelly will have another injury ruined year. Atu is still a project.

I dont think Daicos will make it.
This... except Josh has one more chance. When on song, he looks like a sidey replacement. Lateral movement exquisite, kicking good... just has no height or obvious weapons

Tom Wilson !!!

Will debut round 1.
Will be promoted to the leadership group during the mid season bye.
Will be elevated to co-captain with Pendles at the start of the finals series.
Will be installed as captain for the Grand Final, and be the Collingwood premiership captain in 2020.

What a guy.:p:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaz, murphy and Sier for mine, certainly aren't dark-horses by ant stretch seeing as we have seen all 3 at senior level but feel like we could see a big jump from all 3 this year.

Shaz I feel will come down to role and health. A move up the ground to replace Mayne (a more defensive minded mid to offset our attack heavy midfield), we could see the best of his elite kicking and defensive capabilities.

Murphy I feel like could be the big bolter into the 22. Can be used at either HB or HF flank and moves well and has good hands.

Sier - if bear can get back to doing bear things for a whole season, we will be much better placed.

Tom Wilson !!!

Will debut round 1.
Will be installed as captain for the Grand Final, and be the Collingwood premiership captain in 2020.

Just play him!!!!

Question is, who is going to make way?

Aish, Mayne, Varcoe,” and C Brown - all a touch vulnerable.

So, in their positions:

Quaynor/Noble/Murphy/Sharenberg or Daicos/Sharenberg/T Brown/Broomhead, and Daicos/Broomhead.

Will depend a lot on our injuries of course.

Callum Brown for me, He will be bigger and stronger, his goal average will increase as he keeps playing his role and his pressure is already elite. I think he will become one of our best midfielders in the next 2 or 3 years

Reality is our stocks in this conversation are thin.

C.Brown & J.Daicos are exposed, and very average. T.Brown shows flashes of excitement, but still looks off the pace, W.Kelly is a walking injury, he'll need a solid 24 months at it before we can pass judgement.

Only one who really might make some sort of progression is I.Quaynor or N.Murphy, but still both very speculative - latter might have 'it', but body again needs to hold up.

Question is, who is going to make way?

Aish, Mayne, Varcoe,” and C Brown - all a touch vulnerable.

So, in their positions:

Quaynor/Noble/Murphy/Sharenberg or Daicos/Sharenberg/T Brown/Broomhead, and Daicos/Broomhead.

Will depend a lot on our injuries of course.
Add Greenwood, who wont be back till the back end of the season.
Reckon Callum, JT & Varco ( & to a lesser extent Daicos & Broomhead ) are all fighting for 1 spot

Murphy & Quaynor my big tips....Noble and T Brown should get regular senior games. Daicos needs a big 2020...

Tom Wilson !!!

Will debut round 1.

Piss weak effort really. No Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back