Prediction Who Steps Up - Who Drops Off

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year there’s someone who we didn’t expect to become a regular play almost every game, And of course there’s always someone we expect to go to another level that doesn’t. Help the time pass by making your predictions here.

Step up:
- Paton I think will surprise some people this season. Looked like a 200 gamer last year, I rate him up there with Clark and Coffield.

*Honourable mention: Lonie. I think this is the year he starts to look similar to his dad the Schneiderman.

Drop off:
- Sinclair has done a good job of getting games the last few years but I expect him to lose his spot during the season. There’s too much competition for his spot and he’s had long enough to cement one.

*Honourable mention goes to Steele. Planning to make him more of an offensive mid and while it’s worth a shot I just don’t think it’s going to work. Not the end of the world because every team needs a tagger.

Step-on:
  • King & Bytel to be entrenched best 22 by the year end
Step-up:
  • Ben Long to blossom playing behind the ball. Will form a formidable pairing with Zak Jones.
  • Langlands has got his tank to breakout levels, he just needs to bring the rest of his game.
  • Marshall will relish the dual ruck pairing with Ryder and we will get to see his ability to use the ball this year.
  • Steele to add another dimension to his game with clearances
Step-Off:
  • Geary will start showing his age quickly. Will continue to face little niggles that affect his run.
  • Webster to slide down the pack
  • Kent will be lower down the pecking order than usual.

Marshall and Steele to be vying for captaincy after Gears steps down at the end of the year.
Langlands to be there abouts in the 25 squad every week.

Not sure where Kent and Sinc are at with Butler coming in. Hoping Lonie gets some games as a winger while Long and Parker are the bash brothers inside 50.

Step up:

-Clark: I'd love to see him continue building. He was looking seriously good last year, and with another pre season under his belt, hopefully a bit more size and he can continue to use his poise and float through the middle a bit more. Would love to see it.

-Membrey: Might seem rough I put him in the 'step up' category but hear me out. He's been fantastic up forward for us, but I mean this more in a sense of leadership. Without Bruce up forward with him, he'll have (hopefully) King to really direct and work with. Love to see some great on field leadership (and 50 goals ) from skunk.

Drop off:

-Kent: I love when Kent is on, he's electric and pacey but for some reason just can't pull it together. Understandably he had a run with injury but I feel like (especially considering there are so many small/mid forwards vying for the same spot, that he'll struggle to maintain a spot.

-Geary: Well, the cap down the back surely can't go on that much longer. He's had a horrid run with injury, and whilst being solid, I feel like he may taper off this year. If this is the case, will miss his leadership and decision making down back.

**Honorable mention**

Max King, obviously would love the kid to come out and have a solid injury free year, finding his feet up forward with Membrey/Ryder/Marshall. It'd be great to see consistency, hopefully something like 10-15 games and a goal a game. We put the weight of the world on his shoulders but I'd just like to see a year of consistent progression.

Marshall and Steele to be vying for captaincy after Gears steps down at the end of the year.
Langlands to be there abouts in the 25 squad every week.

Not sure where Kent and Sinc are at with Butler coming in. Hoping Lonie gets some games as a winger while Long and Parker are the bash brothers inside 50.
Interesting, you don't reckon Ross has a fair crack at captaincy? Considering last year.
Don't get me wrong I'd love Steele to take that role but I feel like Ross probably has it over him? What do ya reckon?

Step Up
Coffield won't play every game but by the end of the season will have cemented his spot and he showing why he was a top 10 pick.
Paton will take over as our small choice defender
Gresh will take that next step and be that star we expect he will be. Even just from looking at him, he appears he has taken his work rate this preseason to the next level and that should pay off on the field.

Drop Off
Sinclair is one of my favourites but I think it will be hard from him to make best 22 if he doesn't up his disposal amount.
Savage had a very good 2019 and I think is a bit underrated but someone will need to make way for Paton to be a regular and I think its likely to be him.

i offered up my opinion. what's wrong with it?
then thank-you for providing your statement that not a single player will improve or decline for the purpose of not actually contributing anything to this actual topic but just so just have it written somewhere else that you think every single one of our players are crap and we have nothing good to look forward too. didnt get that from every other post you have provided recently. glad for that contribution in yet another topic without anything to actually support why you every player is crap.

Lets get this back on track LOL

Step up - Coffield -Clark- Jones

I think Geary might struggle age and injuries catching up

Interesting, you don't reckon Ross has a fair crack at captaincy? Considering last year.
Don't get me wrong I'd love Steele to take that role but I feel like Ross probably has it over him? What do ya reckon?

Internally I think Ross gets the nod.

I just see so much potential in Steele to really set a standard for the midfield and the team as a whole when it comes to the defensive efforts & really smashing in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Step up

I think Clark has shown glimpses of what he could be. I don't buy the hysteria on this board about him but I do think he can become a very good 22 game a year player.

I am hoping Carlisle finally puts together the dominant year he has threatened to do his entire career. If he does I think we challenge for finals.

Step Down

Sorry to say but I think Geary will struggle to hold a place in the best 22 on output. That is probably a good sign for Saints but fear they will play him regardless.

Coffield does not do it for me. He has a bit of Blake Acres about him - good looking package, not much inside. Hope I am wrong but I think he will struggle to hold his place, particularly if Roberton is playing again (I rate Robbo very highly).

Step up

I think Clark has shown glimpses of what he could be. I don't buy the hysteria on this board about him but I do think he can become a very good 22 game a year player.

I am hoping Carlisle finally puts together the dominant year he has threatened to do his entire career. If he does I think we challenge for finals.

Step Down

Sorry to say but I think Geary will struggle to hold a place in the best 22 on output. That is probably a good sign for Saints but fear they will play him regardless.

Coffield does not do it for me. He has a bit of Blake Acres about him - good looking package, not much inside. Hope I am wrong but I think he will struggle to hold his place, particularly if Roberton is playing again (I rate Robbo very highly).

Clark is clean with his hands, courageous, 2 - sided and has shown the ability to get plenty of it. I get the huge expectations/hope.
A fit Carlisle would be a huge win.
Geary out of the side is another win.
Agree on what I've seen of Coff. I have no expectations of him at all.
Long in the backline could be interesting but he does give away plenty of free kicks.
Bytel, I don't know anything about him but am hopeful.
And then there's King but the silence coming out of Moorabbin and the fact that he doesn't seem to train very often is a concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back