Prediction Who takes charlie camerons and jake levers role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is our best Forward line this year consisted of 2 tall 2 mediums and 2 super smalls. with another Medium to small rotating thru the year
Then we went with 3 tall in the Final which was a mistake. with Otten 195. replacing McGovern.191.
Our Best forward is.
JJ 200, Walker 195, Lynch 191, McGovern 191, CC 181, Eddie 175, with Atkins,186. Milera 184, Knight 181 making up the 7 forward.

But I guess it determined in what height is regarded as a Tall forward
Not so much the height differential, as 4cm isn't much, particularly with Gov's leap ......but it is more about the differential of how Gov & Otten cover the ground

I'm a huge fan of Otten, as longterm posters can attest to .....but McGovern gives us height, contested marking, speed, and tackling pressure .......he was missed enormously in the GF , and he will only get better

That's not to say Otten is washed up .......but it'll be a structural issue as to where he may get an opportunity, particularly as we've lost some pace from last years side

Wayne and Marty?

That’s one gruesome reach-around

Wayne and I don’t always agree and nor should we

Or it would be like the rest of the board that either bags the s**t out of popular whipping boys religiously and has their favs that do no wrong or how they think every drafted player will be a superstar when fact is most fail

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think there was much wrong with our forward line that not having Guv injured for the GF wouldn’t have fixed.

We clearly have the best if not 2 be best forward line in the league

Richmond are nowhere near it they beat us in the midfield but we knew we were weak in that area from the start of the year and we should have got Gibbs last year with two firsts to fix that maybe we would have won the flag

I reckon you need to show your worth in the Pre season comp to have a shot

Unless you are one for gold passes

Both showed in the SANFL last year they are ready. Doedee missed winning the B&F by 1 vote.

Sure we would want some good preseason form too.

Both showed in the SANFL last year they are ready. Doedee missed winning the B&F by 1 vote.

Sure we would want some good preseason form too.

Obviously didn’t show enough last year to get a gig infront of Keath Milera Hampton Seedsman it they would have played infront of them last year as you just suggested

All will have to prove themselves in the preseason comp unless you like playing favs

Obviously didn’t show enough last year to get a gig infront of Keath Milera Hampton Seedsman it they would have played infront of them last year as you just suggested

All will have to prove themselves in the preseason comp unless you like playing favs

You do realise Doedee is younger than all the players you mentioned.

He couldn't do much more than what he did last year & imo should have been selected later in the season.

As you say, no gold passes & he was performing.

Gallucci got a taste & expect he will take the next step in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise Doedee is younger than all the players you mentioned.

He couldn't do much more than what he did last year & imo should have been selected later in the season.

As you say, no gold passes & he was performing.

Gallucci got a taste & expect he will take the next step in 2018.

I realise he was drafted in the same year as Milera and Burton for that

He is a Stooping HBF as opposed to say Smith who’s an attacking HBF if he wants a gig he will need to go after Levers position although much shorter our coaching staff prefer taller players but saying that the audition for Levers position will be between Keath and Doedee biut you could also see Kelly drop back into his spot and play two attacking HBs like laird and Hampton

The preseason will reveal all there is no way he or Keath or Hampton are locks to get a gig and they shouldn’t be either none have done enough to warrant that

I realise he was drafted in the same year as Milera and Burton for that

He is a Stooping HBF as opposed to say Smith who’s an attacking HBF if he wants a gig he will need to go after Levers position although much shorter our coaching staff prefer taller players but saying that the audition for Levers position will be between Keath and Doedee biut you could also see Kelly drop back into his spot and play two attacking HBs like laird and Hampton

The preseason will reveal all there is no way he or Keath or Hampton are locks to get a gig and they shouldn’t be either none have done enough to warrant that

Given most sides don't have 3 tall forwards, Imo Doedee will be a better option than Keath. Having said that, I would like to see a horses for courses rotation policy & also strategic resting of players so they all play plenty of games.

Smith's replacement needs to be a good ball user. My preference is Milera & pleased he has been training with the defensive unit. Douglas also likely to be an option.

On Hampton, we see him more as a forward/midfielder, so I don't believe he will play much in defence.

Given most sides don't have 3 tall forwards, Imo Doedee will be a better option than Keath. Having said that, I would like to see a horses for courses rotation policy & also strategic resting of players so they all play plenty of games.

Smith's replacement needs to be a good ball user. My preference is Milera & pleased he has been training with the defensive unit. Douglas also likely to be an option.

On Hampton, we see him more as a forward/midfielder, so I don't believe he will play much in defence.

Did we see him as a forward/ mid because we had smith and laird and he isn’t good enough to budge them out of their positions before he was injured

Did we see him as a forward/ mid because we had smith and laird and he isn’t good enough to budge them out of their positions before he was injured

No, because his & our preference was to use him as a midfielder/forward.

Has played half-back so he could be an interesting swing man playing half-back, mid and forward. I hope Don sees him the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back