List Mgmt. Who takes the kick ins?

Remove this Banner Ad

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
When bunga and Jetts hangup the boots?

That time is coming quickly unfortunately. Bunga might be done at the end of the year going on current form

Jetts might play another year but is a soft tissue injury away from calling it quits.

I can't think of too many elite kicks in our team that can handle the gig.

Gov can thread some needles but you'd rather have him as a target.

Am I forgetting anybody that is up to it?

Maybe we just give it to petrol and tell him to run?

Rotham is a tidy kick; wouldn't know this from last week though. Nelson and Cole aren't the worst without pressure. Foley... could play a game or two before getting delisted?

Ben Johnson looks a great kick and could do kick-ins one day. Although at the moment, he's more likely to get carried away by a slight breeze and never be seen again.

Nelson (who is OK when not about to be tackled) or Rotham. Gov is pretty good but will be needed as a marking target. Everyone else is a tidy kick but lack penetration.

Weird, I was thinking about the exact same thing today when I realised Jetta is 31. Still I think he probably has a couple more years. He seems to be getting more durable, not less.

It might be a case of losing that weapon for a few years and focus on a different method for exiting D50. Run it out more etc.

I’m not sure we have the capital in trade currency or cap space but I’d love to have a crack at someone like Zac Williams who might be priced out of GWS.

Not Duggan, his kicking is still very unconvincing.

There's no clear replacement IMO.

Jetta and Hurn have that slicing flat kick with a lot of punch to it, there's no other players on our list like that other than Sheed and perhaps Shuey.

Our exits from defensive 50 are going to get a lot less exciting unfortunately. Which sucks because they are some of the most eye watering bits of our game.

Sheppard is probably the best option of a bad bunch.

I'd never really thought about the lack of elite young kicks in the squad. Ben Johnson is meant to be strong in that department, so hopefully he comes on, but he was a fairly late pick. Venables would have fit into this category, but that ship has sailed.

We need to work our way back up the draft order to find a) good young mids and b) good young kicks. I'm worried the cliff is approaching a bit quicker than we may have hoped.

Sheppard first, Nelson second. After that then who knows. Rotham has too small a sample size at AFL level for me to make a judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheppard is probably the best option of a bad bunch.

I'd never really thought about the lack of elite young kicks in the squad. Ben Johnson is meant to be strong in that department, so hopefully he comes on, but he was a fairly late pick. Venables would have fit into this category, but that ship has sailed.

We need to work our way back up the draft order to find a) good young mids and b) good young kicks. I'm worried the cliff is approaching a bit quicker than we may have hoped.
I actually think fast-tracking Johnson is critical for us. Our smaller defenders other than Jetta don’t provide any line breaking ability, and those that try to tend to scrub their kicks when running at pace.

We need some dash from defence and if we can combine that with a decent kick, then it’s really going to add something. Don’t need that player to be especially physically developed - guys like Rivers and Clark have come in and played well from day dot.

Whoever it is will be a huge downgrade unless Ben Johnson develops quicker than expected. Jetta is going ok at the moment but Hurn isn't.

I do not want Duggan anywhere near a kick in.

Brander. Assuming he does his apprenticeship on the wing and then moves to defence in a couple of years. Also assuming we play Barrass, Gov and Brander in the same backline. He has a big boot on him, have kicked some bombs from well outside 60 in the WAFL and seems to me to be a tidy kick when he has time.
Just throwing a different possibility out there.

Brander. Assuming he does his apprenticeship on the wing and then moves to defence in a couple of years. Also assuming we play Barrass, Gov and Brander in the same backline. He has a big boot on him, have kicked some bombs from well outside 60 in the WAFL and seems to me to be a tidy kick when he has time.
Just throwing a different possibility out there.
Brander is one of the worst kicks on our list .
I wouldn't trust him or flower bag McGovern or up and under barrass.

Rotham shep and Nelson.

Franky Watson? think he is inconsistent also .

Ben Johnson was doing the kick ins for WA u18s last year . The kid has a super boot

Looks like Ben Johnson could be Bunga and Jetta's successor soon. Gov has a excellent kick which is better than the nearly the whole defense but falls short on Bunga and Jetta and he's much better as a target. Shep lacks penetration, question marks on Duggan, not sure about Nelson, Schoey's pretty good but he's getting old and not best 22 starter, Barrass kicks it too high and also lacks penetration and he would be better as a target too.

When bunga and Jetts hangup the boots?

That time is coming quickly unfortunately. Bunga might be done at the end of the year going on current form

Jetts might play another year but is a soft tissue injury away from calling it quits.

I can't think of too many elite kicks in our team that can handle the gig.

Gov can thread some needles but you'd rather have him as a target.

Am I forgetting anybody that is up to it?

Maybe we just give it to petrol and tell him to run?

Jetta will play on next year, one of the big priorities really should be keeping him around and get him to 100 games. Father/son rules demand it!

Next year we will probably start blooding Ben Johnson.

From all accounts the reason why we drafted him was due to his disposal by foot.

Options are so slim, thinking maybe Shuey if its after a set shot. Doesnt have to be a defender in that situation.

If we want to go quicker then just Shep or similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back