who the hell can knock off Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

jerry

Rookie
May 28, 2001
Which of these teams is the best chance to knock off Essendon, either in the rest of the home and away season, or the finals?

Carlton, Collingwod, and Port (in Adelaide) can all knock us off on the day, if things go right for them. Melbourne too, are one of the few sides, that legitimately believe they can beat us.

I don't think Richmond or Hawthorn really believe, deep down, that they can beat us.

Of course, just because Carlton, Collingwood, Port (in Adelaide) and Melbourne can beat us, doesn't necessarily mean that they will.

If everyone plays them like Carlton did when they won and Melbourne when they nearly won, then any side can do it. It will be interesting if they have to play Port at Footy Park.

I've given up all hope that anybody will be able to seriously challenge Essendon for the rest of this year.

EXCEPT

The Adelaide Crows - let me xplain.

They are going along great at the moment, on current form they will qualify for the finals easily.

AND - IF they can somehow get into the Grand Fibnal, well, as we all know, anything can happpen when the Crows get into a Grand Final.

Could be 1998 revisited ?

Hey, like I said, ANYTHING is possible with Adelaide in a GF.

cheers

Originally posted by HahnPremium8
Definitely the Bulldogs, cos they beat em last year! :D
I agree Hahnpremium8.:D
Its not because Bulldogs are a better side than the bombers, but it because Bulldogs always perform well against the top sides like Essendon, Carlton and Kangaroos.
But for some reason Geelong always seem to beat us.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Magpie Greg
I'm not so sure Collingwood can at the moment. And th Anzac Day game is no guide. Essendon didnt build up for that game the way they have for Hawthorn etc because they only had a five day break after the Sydney game and they had used the Sydney game to blow them out of the water from which they havent recovered also.

So I would take the closeness of the Anzac Day game with a little salt.
Maggie Greg,the pies always match up with us well,can not remember us belting your boys lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back