Who wants Melo

Remove this Banner Ad

Lethal44

All Australian
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It seems Carmelo Anthony's day's at the New York Knicks are done.

With two years left on his contract, what would you be willing to give up and why.

For example, I think Boston would be a good suitor, I'd give Melo and Knicks 2nd rounder for the prized first pick, which I would trade on to get Andre Drummond.

Thoughts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong question.

Is anyone Melo would willingly be traded to going to give up anything of value.

I suspect he will be in NY at the start of next season.

I think Clippers will be a good fit. They should get rid of Griffin and bring in Melo who will fit in well with Paul and Jordan and give them a really good scorer.

Melo is 32

Griffin is 27 and a pretty good scorer too.
I'm not suggesting a straight swap but I think Melo would work well at the Clippers and someone would have too make way which would be Griffin as I don't think both of them would work together well offensively and also cap space could be an issue. CP3 is also good friends with Melo and Melo also owns an off-season home in LA. It just makes the most sense.

caramello-koala.jpg

Only Melo I want

With two years left on his contract, what would you be willing to give up and why.

For example, I think Boston would be a good suitor, I'd give Melo and Knicks 2nd rounder for the prized first pick, which I would trade on to get Andre Drummond.

Thoughts

My thoughts on Melo being worth effectively Bostons first round pick.

mjl.gif

Seriously, Melo isn't worth much. There's a reason he's still at the Knicks. No one wants him.

Thoughts

Throw in Porzingis and then it is a maybe. Melo still dragging the deal down

The bulls are completely dysfunctional and have players that hate each other yet still make the playoffs
The Knicks haven't won 40 games in 3-4 years let alone make the playoffs
Is it all Melos fault? Of course not. But he's a large reason for their problems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what I'm hearing is he's overrated, so what is he really worth.

Is a straight swap with Kevin Love fair.

Would have to involve a third team. Why would Knicks take Love when they have Porzingas? Boston as a third team can work but I just don't see Cavs being involved if it helps Celtics.

Thoughts

Your talking about the celtics second round pick? you can't be talking about the brooklyn pick, I'ld want 3 melo's for that

Times number 1 pick has been traded for and didn't immediately blow up in the face of the trader

-a 20 year old Chris Webber for Penny Hardaway and 3 future first round picks

-Kevin Love for a 19 year old Wiggins, Bennett, Thad Young, And cash considerations

-Couple of scrubs for James Worthy (Classic Cav's)

-It's not going to be for a 32 year old Melo.
-It's not going to be for a 32 year old Melo
-It's not going to be for a 32 year old Melo
-If it was 5 years ago, You would probably trade it for a 27 year old Melo if your in Bostons Position right now.

Fultz/Ball/Jackson are worth much more to Boston then Melo, Boston will have 3+ year window, Nobodys due to fall off a cliff. Especially for a guy whos past their prime.

I think Clippers will be a good fit. They should get rid of Griffin and bring in Melo who will fit in well with Paul and Jordan and give them a really good scorer.
Clippers struggle due to too many offensive players and lack of good defenders on the wing and depth

Your trading your second best offensive player in his prime who's the most versitile scorer in the team for someone who hugely one dimensional and cant defend

It makes the clippers worse defensively, more one dimensional, and drops them to a first round exit team and your suddenly using Reddick/Crawford less. What the * dude? Does DJ and Moute guard all 5 positions by themselves now?

I've read Anthony to Clippers, Griffin to Celtics and Crowder and a handful of draft picks to the Knicks.

"I've read" that the earth was flat.

So what I'm hearing is he's overrated, so what is he really worth.

Is a straight swap with Kevin Love fair.

No

Kevin Love is a much better rebounder and Stretches the floor a lot better then Melo Does, The Cav's system relies on K Love to play PF/C. Remove that suddenly your either playing Melo as a center at points which would be funny, Or playing more TT which we know he's a garbage shooter, would need to play in the paint more which hurts Kyrie/Lebrons game. Another part is passing, Where Love is a terrific outlet passer, Melo can be a willing passer however he's not on Love's level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back