Who was Nick at Sky Channel Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

teams

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2004
victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Happened to be watching John Tapp's show on sky last night at it was shot as a wake. Nick Raven or Slaven had died. He had worked at sky and was held in high esteem.

Not being a regular watcher of Sky Racing (lose the vote all the time) I didn't know who he was. Didn't catch how he died on the show. Presumed it had been a cancer. Does anyone know much about him. Evidently he was quite a character.

His name was actually Nick Robin (said Row-bin).

He was 44 and yes, it was cancer.

He was diagnosed with cancer about 3 weeks before he died.
He actually died of a heart attack with the worry of it all. Poor bloke.

Always seemed like a top guy on Sky Channel

If you saw the show you couldn't help but be impressed that a larger than life character had recently departed. Was always either playing, watching or doing something in the field of commentating sport. Supported the Rabbitohs and was a close friend of Jim Cassidy. Had a nice girlfriend.

Pantsless said:
He was on the pub version of Sky, not the home version.

Thanks Pantless. I do see enough of it (the home version) to be across most of the presenters.

Thanks phat and day tripper for sorting his name out and confirming what his illness had been. (Had done a google search for Nick Raven and found nothing pertinent.)

notenoughteams said:
Thanks Pantless. I do see enough of it (the home version) to be across most of the presenters.

Thanks phat and day tripper for sorting his name out and confirming what his illness had been. (Had done a google search for Nick Raven and found nothing pertinent.)

:D :D

Found this thread by chance, after the Sky harness team at Menangle tonight mentioned a tribute race for Nick Robin. Remember him well, seemed a really nice bloke. Didn't actually know he had passed until hearing that tonight, 18 years ago seems incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back