Who was the best Prime Minister?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the computer game Civilization 6 has already asked and answered this question:

civ6_ss1.jpg

Avoids last by having the stones to call in the ctu squad in the Sydney siege after 12 hours after NSW police were too squeamish to deal with a terrorist
How many hours after completely washing his hands of it was that ?
Those people were dead the moment he released the " we don't negotiate with terrorists " line.

But i'm glad you've brought it up, it's a favorite subject of mine how the ONLY person who lost their job over that entire shitshow was a labor pollie lol.

Last edited:

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Well who has received more appreciation in hindsight?

Keating.

Gillard never had a chance because of how she arrived at the job. It was never adequately explained why a first term PM had to be turfed. Her authority was then permanently damaged after the tight 2010 election. Abbott was a terrible Prime Minister but he was a great opposition leader in terms of exploiting government weakness and having a simple message. However a message of pure negativity was never going to be conducive to long term government.

Last edited:
Hey Ken finally something political we agree on. He was indeed the best ever cut short by a drunken Governor General. They don't make them like him now days.

i love a lot of what whitlam did, BUT i cannot have him in the best

imo (and as someone who didnt live through the time so has to rely on books), there were two big failures:

1) they tried to do waaaaay too much far too soon. i get why, after 20 years in the wilderness it was the mother of all catch up attempts. the problem was some really good ideas and policy wasnt properly thought out and executed.

2) they didnt keep the people onside. yes their supporters were bolted on, but im talking about those in the middle. Kerr would never have had the balls to do what he did if it was clear there was no public support for what the liberals were doing. a leader without followers is just a dude going for a walk

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
i love a lot of what whitlam did, BUT i cannot have him in the best

imo (and as someone who didnt live through the time so has to rely on books), there were two big failures:

1) they tried to do waaaaay too much far too soon. i get why, after 20 years in the wilderness it was the mother of all catch up attempts. the problem was some really good ideas and policy wasnt properly thought out and executed.

2) they didnt keep the people onside. yes their supporters were bolted on, but im talking about those in the middle. Kerr would never have had the balls to do what he did if it was clear there was no public support for what the liberals were doing. a leader without followers is just a dude going for a walk
There is a lot of stuff we take for granted now that came in during the Whitlam era.Sadly a whole heap has been chopped and gutted by the LNP.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many hours after completely washing his hands of it was that ?
Those people were dead the moment he released the " we don't negotiate with terrorists " line.

But i'm glad you've brought it up, it's a favorite subject of mine how the ONLY person who lost their job over that entire shitshow was a labor pollie lol.
True. The second the threat was made shots should've wrong out.

the electorate decided this man's fate

I'd suggest a one term PM , rejected by the electorate, can't be ranked very high.
Poor judge is poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back