• Pick 26 Liam Ryan

• Pick 31 Bailey Fritsch

• Pick 38 Jack Petruccelle

• Pick 45 James Worpel

• Pick 57 Gryan Miers

• Pick 76 Matt Guelfi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Kelly who just netted us an absolute draft haul + Fogarty, Gryan Miers & Constable. A masterclass from Wells in this draft.
Geelong taking Lachie Fogarty ahead of Geelong Falcons product James Worpel is an interesting definition of a "masterclass".

Nope, Worpel has 5 years on him.....Worpel's last 8 weeks were Dustin Martin-esque like....He stormed home to win the B&F.

But just remember....Hawthorn has no youf!
Irrelevant when Kelly is a far superior player. Pick 100 in the upcoming draft is only 18 so he has a few years on Worpel. Kelly's latest game in a losing Prelim final included 31 disposals and 3 goals, 24 kicks. Worpel isn't bad, no shame in being a lesser player than Tim Kelly.

Irrelevant when Kelly is a far superior player. Pick 100 in the upcoming draft is only 18 so he has a few years on Worpel. Kelly's latest game in a losing Prelim final included 31 disposals and 3 goals, 24 kicks. Worpel isn't bad, no shame in being a lesser player than Tim Kelly.

Still arguing on the behalf of a West Coast player....The very definition of irrelevance.

Doesn't change the fact he's still the best player from the 2017 draft. Awesome deflection attempt though. :thumbsu:

You need to get over him & move on.

He may well be the best player from that Draft currently....But Worpel has 5 years on him & a far greater potential upside, which means he goes at number 1 & rather easily at that....It's all about a futures market.

Kelly could scrape into the Top 5 I suppose, even though he only has maybe 5 good years left in him.

You need to get over him & move on.

He may well be the best player from that Draft currently....But Worpel has 5 years on him & a far greater potential upside, which means he goes at number 1 & rather easily at that....It's all about a futures market.

Kelly could scrape into the Top 5 I suppose, even though he only has maybe 5 good years left in him.
Haha yeah OK you're done. There's that white flag. :drunk:

Worpel, Henderson, O'Meara. An awe-inspiring top 3 BnF. I take back all I said, that's real quality. :thumbsu:
Quality enough to crush Geelong's midfield in round 18 this season..... or do you have a flippant excuse for that too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very good names in that list

For us Balta has shown a bit, still very raw. Higgins looked fantastic but has had a health scare that is hopefully resolved now.

The one for us that few know about is Callum Coleman Jones, i think he will be the best of the bunch for us. We are grooming him beautifully in the vfl, a contested marking beast.

Worpel had a better second year than Patty Cripps accord to champion data and stats.

Will be a star

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is already a star. Only top players win Best and Fairests for their club (even wooden spooners). You only have to look at this year's list of Best and Fairest winners and every single one of them is a star for their club. Anybody who thinks otherwise is genuinely stupid.

Has Worpel hit his peak? Who's to say? How does that detract from his already elite form? Would it detract from Tim Kelly's elite form if this was his peak?

With that said, I'd still take Tim Kelly over Worpel as things stand right now.

Sam Taylor from GWS surely rates a mention over spuds like Balta and Petreculle.

Has been a rock down back and looks like a 100+ game player already. Could easily build a case for him being one of the most important players to his side from that draft, he just doesn’t play as sexy a role as the worpel’s and Kelly’s of the world.

Sam Taylor from GWS surely rates a mention over spuds like Balta and Petreculle.

Has been a rock down back and looks like a 100+ game player already. Could easily build a case for him being one of the most important players to his side from that draft, he just doesn’t play as sexy a role as the worpel’s and Kelly’s of the world.

lmao a "spud" youd kill to have on your list, as much potential as any player in the league

But i guess youd prefer guns like zerk thatcher and kobe mutch

lmao a "spud" youd kill to have on your list, as much potential as any player in the league

But i guess youd prefer guns like zerk thatcher and kobe mutch
Have you seen Zerk-Thatcher play? Guy is like a young Cale Hooker (before he lost his speed). But yeah, Balta will be a jet, would love to have him.

Lots of players you could argue were a "steal"
  • Aaron Naughton is arguably the best of the top 10, and was taken at Pick 9. I'd call him a steal
  • Tim Kelly at 24 and Liam Ryan at 26 should both be top 10 in a redraft
  • James Worpel at 45 and Gryan Miers at 57 are outstanding value. Worpel is probably top 5 from this draft
  • Bailey Banfield at rookie pick 5 and Billy Gowers at rookie pick 9 have both done reasonably well so far for rookie picks
  • Brodie Mihocek at rookie pick 22 is almost the biggest steal here I think, when you look at the cost-to-output so far.
It would probably be between Mihocek, Worpel and Kelly for biggest steal

Have you seen Zerk-Thatcher play? Guy is like a young Cale Hooker (before he lost his speed). But yeah, Balta will be a jet, would love to have him.

I have actually, was impressed tbh.

If he thinks Balta is a spud though, BZT must be a huge spud too

I love in these threads how all those young kids taken in the top part of the draft who are taking a bit longer to mature in the AFL system are discounted because they are not instant stars of the game. Worpel is a very good footballer but he was also afl ready. SPP was AFL ready and after his first couple of years everyone was asking why he didn't get drafted higher....we now know why he didn't get drafted higher as others have had a chance to physically develop.

If I had pick 1 in this draft I'd take Naughton

Last edited:
Back