Who was your most favourite cricket player as a kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have thought you were more of a Ewan Chatfield fan.

I remember him fielding the ball and the whole crowd chanting Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaannnnnn

Alan Border and Viv Richards.
Border because he started captaining when we were a ******* trainwreck and he was 100% balls at the crease. You had to kill him to get him out type of attitude and he could bat.
Viv because he was a mean mother *er with swagger.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

I remember him fielding the ball and the whole crowd chanting Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaannnnnn

Lel, a one handed 6 off Lillee.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

Ewan was a bit of a cult figure but he wasn't the most exciting cricketer to watch with his economical fast mediums and batting ability of Chris Martin.

Hadlee, Martin Crowe and Lance Cairns were my favourite NZ cricketers from that era.

Got to say mine would be Greg Blewett.

The most stylish batsmen you will ever see. That pull shot and cover drive he used to play were a thing of beauty.

Look at these pull shots!

Who was your favourite?

The Typhoon

frank-tyson-3_3454924e.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevan for One Days.

Warnie went off the boil after the steroids and taking money from bookies.
Warnie is a colossal dickhead, no doubt, but he was still an absolute freak on the field. His 700th wicket was probably my favourite sporting moment outside of footy.

Warnie is a colossal dickhead, no doubt, but he was still an absolute freak on the field. His 700th wicket was probably my favourite sporting moment outside of footy.

For memorable it was Steve Waugh's century at the SCG where I had been listening at work and then get home just as he brought up the ton.

Taylor matching Bradman's record then declaring.

Being at the Trevor Chappelle underarm game. With a Kiwi friend of the family as well.

Viv Richards hitting 150 in a One Day before they put ropes 10m in from the fence.

"Dungog" Dougie Walters.

Awesome attacking batsman who loved to dance down the wicket to pie throwing spinners. Effective part-time bowler with a unique action. Beer swilling and card playing all round good bloke and legend. Seemed like a bit of larrikin too with a healthy disrespect for authority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back