Opinion Who were the Swans top 5 Worst recruits ?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't mind me saying this is a dumb topic. The worst recruits were those who were recruited but never played a game because they weren't even as good as the terrible players who did play.

As for Jolly I can't believe people have forgotten. He was in the maternity ward until 3am of the 06 grand final.
you're right but at gives nuffies like me something to talk about whilst waiting for the season to start.

One of the joys of being old is reliving old experiences that you really don't remember. I just saw this thread had been bumped and read it from the beginning. I saw a number of posts that I thought "I should like this" and then saw that I had already done so months ago. I am impressed with my consistency.
Hahaha I feel ya Doss....

One of the joys of being old is reliving old experiences that you really don't remember. I just saw this thread had been bumped and read it from the beginning. I saw a number of posts that I thought "I should like this" and then saw that I had already done so months ago. I am impressed with my consistency.
I find it troubling reading posts I have no recollection of having written. And no, I'm not a heavy drinker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my era of watching, it was hoping that Chambers, Derickx would become best 22 players. The era post Ball and Jolly for rucks was brutal.

Since Jolly we’ve had another 2 top tier rucks. Pyke and RJ. It’s one area where we just never seem to land a gun player. We did go after Ryder of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Jolly we’ve had another 2 top tier rucks. Pyke and RJ. It’s one area where we just never seem to land a gun player. We did go after Ryder of course.

Yes of course, but we weren't allowed to trade for him because the AFL won't allow teams to have everybody - just ask Geelong and Richmond!

Chambers
Oconnor
Ahmat
Tingay
Daffy
Spriggs
Brennan
Armstrong
Brereton
L Taylor
Everitt- cooked by the time we got him really though harsh to be listed here I guess
Werner
Hutton
Odonohue
Wigney
Malekalis
ambrose
rouvray

I thought Spida Everitt would be good for us tbh, as a kid I was excited to get him on board. Big name ruck ya know, which we were desperate for. Alas he was washed when he got here.

I'm still not sure whether we actually recruited Menzel or if I just imagined it.
It made sense at the time. We needed someone else up forward but just didn't work out

Has anyone mentioned Spriggs? Or Ryan O’Connor? Or Tingay? Or Torture Chambers?

Yep - mentioned Rhino early on. The other was Bomford, we got confused and thought we were getting Blumfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back