Game Day Who were we before the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
:blush:
I thought it might be interesting to learn more about the history of Giants supporters on our board. Thought about whether it's too personal but clearly you don't have to post then the thread will die or be deleted.
Are we mostly AFL fans who jumped onboard, or converts from other sports? I saw an email re survey results that suggested half of our members support other clubs.
Bit of a sore point on the main board I know but in our sanctum hope fully-featuredhope fully-featured more comfortable.

I'll start and offer I grew up in western NSW supporting AFL and playing very little, very badly at a young age. Supported local club and Bays in the SA league and although I recall supporting Collingwood in the 1970 GF, I learnt quickly and supported Hawks most of my life. Could not bring myself to support the Swans probably because I moved to Sydney in the Edelsten era.
Bit late jumping on board, went to some games in 2014 and Sydney member since. No longer support any other club and enjoyed our win against the Hawks. I do have a soft spot for them and the Crows. My choice to be a serial monogamist supporter and I don't denigrate other peoples choices.

Did search but not competently clearly.
Dont think I can fix it, apologies especially to mod for wasting your time
No biggie, happens all the time. I just remembered the other thread as I enjoyed the premise and reading the different journeys. There was also a strange conflict in the thread that seemed to get out of control over nothing.

No biggie, happens all the time. I just remembered the other thread as I enjoyed the premise and reading the different journeys. There was also a strange conflict in the thread that seemed to get out of control over nothing.
Glad you did tks

:blush:
I thought it might be interesting to learn more about the history of Giants supporters on our board. Thought about whether it's too personal but clearly you don't have to post then the thread will die or be deleted.
Are we mostly AFL fans who jumped onboard, or converts from other sports? I saw an email re survey results that suggested half of our members support other clubs.
Bit of a sore point on the main board I know but in our sanctum hope fully-featuredhope fully-featured more comfortable.

I'll start and offer I grew up in western NSW supporting AFL and playing very little, very badly at a young age. Supported local club and Bays in the SA league and although I recall supporting Collingwood in the 1970 GF, I learnt quickly and supported Hawks most of my life. Could not bring myself to support the Swans probably because I moved to Sydney in the Edelsten era.
Bit late jumping on board, went to some games in 2014 and Sydney member since. No longer support any other club and enjoyed our win against the Hawks. I do have a soft spot for them and the Crows. My choice to be a serial monogamist supporter and I don't denigrate other peoples choices.
I am a diehard Swans member but also have a Giants membership to support NSW AFL. I think it's great for our state to have 2 clubs. Good luck Giants for the year just not against the Swannies :)

I am a diehard Swans member but also have a Giants membership to support NSW AFL. I think it's great for our state to have 2 clubs. Good luck Giants for the year just not against the Swannies :)
See a bit of red and white at spotless, and helps to fill up the seats as we grow. I get probably more in giants colours for the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back