Who will be a better player - Wingard or Stringer?

Who WILL be a better player by the end of their career?

• Wingard

• Stringer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Two young half high forwards both likely locks in the 2015 AA 22.

Personally, I'd argue that Chad is better right now and has done more on the AFL stage, but he's had more games and more experience to prove it. On the other hand, despite less airtime, Stringer has shown he is more than capable of being an elite AFL player.

Stringer or Wingard, who's your pick?

Kciza

All Australian
Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really really tough one. I'd agree that at the moment Wingard is better, but over the long term I'd have Stringer. Stringer is a bit more versatile, and I'd say gives opposition coaches more headaches as he is a really hard matchup. Can play as a tall forward, can crumb, and has the scope to be a real impact player in the middle in the future. What he did a couple of weeks ago coming off the back of the square against North was special stuff.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd go Stringer.Wingard is very very good but Stringer has that something very special.
Wingard would be your Daicos while Stringer could be your Gary Ablett Snr.

dinger

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd go big boy John Butcher. Vascularity, facial hair of a dream boat and precision so fine you wouldn't want him shooting a fat load in your missus in fear of bastard children.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you had to pick them for a grand final tomorrow, you'd pick Wingard surely. Stringer is still mostly hype based on some very high quality performances. Wingard with two AA's already and a BnF speaks for itself. Admittedly I'm biased, he's my favourite.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
I voted Stringer cos I hate Whingard. But Stringer has more in his game.

If you had to pick them for a grand final tomorrow, you'd pick Wingard surely. Stringer is still mostly hype based on some very high quality performances. Wingard with two AA's already and a BnF speaks for itself. Admittedly I'm biased, he's my favourite.

How is someone who just kicked nearly 60
goals and was All Australian mostly hype?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cause he's gotta back it up this year and prove last year wasn't a fluke

Most 21 year olds don't fluke years like that - they have progressed naturally. I would be very surprised if Stringer doesn't get better.

Epilegs

Team Captain
May 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wingard is the best player in his position in the league.

Is Stringer?

Super hard poll, being they play different roles

Phoenixguard09

Debutant
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Both guns. Stringer will probably end up with more individual awards, but I think Wingard is more consistently damaging.

Voted for Stringer because an A- player with a Brownlow is remembered as being better than an A player without one.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Back