Who will be better in 2023 Richmond or Brisbane?

Who will be better in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s ok. You’re like most people. Thought they were outstanding in the lead up in the GF… changed their mind 2 hours later. Time changes people’s memories, but it’s easy to revisit.

I looked up some expert tips for the GF from the AFL website:

Nick Bowen : Adel by 22
Ashley Browne: Adel by 10
Adam Curley : Tigers by 11
Lee Gaskin : Adel by 46
Ben Guthrie : Adel by 14
Marc McGown : Adel by 27
Dinny Navaratnam: Adel by 16
Jennifer Phelan : Adel by 29
Peter Ryan : Adel by 18
Nathan Schmook : Tigers by 12
Matt Thompson : Adel by 5
Callum Twomey: Adel by 19
Michael Whiting : Adel by 31

So 11-2, with many predicting an easy Adelaide win. So yeah, nearly everyone thought they were outstanding leading into the GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I went for Richmond cause I can’t stand the Crows after living over here.

I just said pies, hawks and Dees beat you. Pies even went undefeated in H&A in 1929 on top of it. Wtf are you on about.

I said a 5 year period.

Show me a club with a better record than 103-17

Then show me one with 5 consecutive 18 win seasons.

I said a 5 year period.

Show me a club with a better record than 103-17

Then show me one with 5 consecutive 18 win seasons.

Winning flags > H&A record. You guys decided to piss it all away cause you couldn’t deliver in finals. Such a waste of potential could’ve actually been the greatest of all time, but it was not to be. Shame, 9th all time is still a good effort.

Winning flags > H&A record. You guys decided to piss it all away cause you couldn’t deliver in finals. Such a waste of potential could’ve actually been the greatest of all time, but it was not to be. Shame, 9th all time is still a good effort.

I take it you can't find any?

And only Hawthorn can lay claim to have as many flags in the last 16 years so I guess we'll take both home and away and premiership triumphs. 👍

Oh jeez, you are one of those guys. You’ve convinced yourself not going b2b or better makes you a stronger team to cope🤣. We should’ve told Hardwick, Clarkson and Lethal to purposely lose after the flag years and win the next one for ‘longevity’ 🤣

It took you more seasons to win 3 flags. That’s worse, accept it and move on. Geelong people have real issues dealing with reality, it’s mind warping stuff.

Pies 20s, Hawks 80s, Dees 50s got more flags than you. So still aren’t the best anyway. 4 in 16 also isn’t a dynasty 🤣 wtf

Yep even Sturt in the late ‘60s with their 5peat makes Geelong look like crap. Port won 6 straight in the ‘50s. Even during Geelong’s greatest period of all time which was the VFA days where we won 6 in 7 flags (2 threepeats), across the border you had Norwood win 6 in a row during the same decade.

We’re not losers like Collingwood but we’re nothing special ourselves. I’m of belief that WAFL, SANFL and VFL are all equal up until maybe 1970.

I take it you can't find any?

And only Hawthorn can lay claim to have as many flags in the last 16 years so I guess we'll take both home and away and premiership triumphs.

Have a look at the list, this was before we won 2020. You aren’t part of this exclusive club. Eat it. Also we’ve gotten a 4 in 8 67-74.

IMG_6474.JPG

Have a look at the list, this was before we won 2020. You aren’t part of this exclusive club. Eat it. Also we’ve gotten a 4 in 8 67-74.

View attachment 1570232

Falcon gone in for the kill! I don’t give a s**t if Geelong has the best 5 year winning percentage of any time period throughout history. What an embarrassingly pathetic thing to brag about. I’d trade that for the 2008 flag to have 4 in 5 but if it makes other Geelong supporters feel good about themselves then who are we to judge?

Falcon gone in for the kill! I don’t give a s**t if Geelong has the best 5 year winning percentage of any time period throughout history. What an embarrassingly pathetic thing to brag about. I’d trade that for the 2008 flag to have 4 in 5 but if it makes other Geelong supporters feel good about themselves then who are we to judge?

Except he completely missed/ignored the questions being asked.

1670565755088.png

That's not what he was asking you to find.

And you know that.

Yeah I know. I’ve already said flags>H&A record. I don’t need to get anything for him it’s meaningless compared to flags. Flags is what we play for, if you don’t like it follow another sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it’s just a coping mechanism I understand. Denial makes people go a little loopy sometimes.

Find a club with a better winning record over a 5 year period.

3 in 5 beats 3 in 4 or 3 in 3 with a winning record like that.

Longevity wins every time when it comes to dynasties whether you like it or not.

We're also the only club in the history of the comp to have 5 consecutive 18 win seasons.

103-17. Amazing

From Rd 6, 2007 to the end of 2022

281-97 - 4 flags

17.6 wins a season
6.1 losses a season

The last 16 years.

Even more remarkable.

It is a remarkable record. I also don’t think the Cats have finished bottom-4 in the AFL era. It’s almost like the Cats have some little edge no other team has

Also isn’t this a Richmond and Brisbane thread? Not surprised the Geelong mob are stalking Richmond again.

Post a gif tigs2010
loop laugh GIF

I am just unsure if Richmond can overcome the problems they face with the ARC and the laws of the game, like the Stand rule.

So, it's Brizzy to come out on top.
Don't forget the bias of the AFL in ensuring they're the only top 8 team from 2022 scheduled to play another top 8 team in the 'Gather Round' in SA next season.

Gee they face some obstacles, don't they...

Jack The Godfather laugh all you want Victorian man but just remember you’re the elderly one here and yet I’m the young guy who respects all footy history
You know I have a lot of time for you mate but I draw the line at getting called elderly. 😘

I'm 46.

Back