Who will be better in 2023 Richmond or Brisbane?

Who will be better in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find the need for Crazy26 to build up Collingwood & St. Kilda telling.

They never got a b2b 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but it's because Collingwood (1 flag) & St. Kilda (0 flag) were powerhouses 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!

Then "the greatest dynasty in the history of the game" couldn't win a flag in "the weakest era in the history of the game" when those two powerhouses from that "golden era" were floundering 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So, but for Sydney, Hawthorn & Footscray Geelong would've won 5 flags in a row, but it was a strong era, so "the greatest dynasty in the history of the game" was not expected to win flags at that time. Then came "the weakest era in the history of the game," at this time "the greatest dynasty in the history of the game" was not expected to win any flags because they were weak.

Then "the weakest era in the history of game" ends because now not only Richmond can move the ball quickly but all teams have been assisted in their efforts to move the ball quickly like previously only Richmond could.

2021 is now a strong competive era because Richmond has been brought back to the pack (we all know how they were brought back to the pack), in this strong era, lo and behold, we find the team that couldn't win a flag in "the weakest era in the history of the game" because they were weak, making a PF and winning a flag 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The story of 2022 really was "weak coach Chris Scott with his band of weak players Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Guthrie, Duncan, Stewart, Blicavs, Henry, Tuohy, Rohan, Miers, Parfitt, Kolodjashnij, Stanley, O'konnor, Bews 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 recieve leg up to win flag they couldn't win in "the weakest era in the history of the game."
Woah that is alot of odd rants that i honestly have no idea what your saying half the time. It just looks like 30 emojis from a teenager on a fb rant after being dumped.

Which game would i expect to be closer?
The answer is the Richmond (2 AA's) vs GWS (1 AA, Cameron, without Rance to contend with)

2007 flag was won by Geelong against a weak Port in comparison to themselves. 2008 with a 21-1 season the lucky father son false alarmers Geelong 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 couldn't get a b2b to start a dynasty 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now why do you think lucky father son Geelong and 2008 false alarmers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 were favourite against a good St. Kilda team (20-2 false alarmers) in 2009?

And then after Collingwood win a lucky flag in 2010 lucky father son Geelong go in as favourites against those false alarmers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 after their own 20-2 season.

Good 20-2 seasons by a couple o' false alarmers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 mean nothing when the other team is lucky father son Geelong.

2009-11 the false alarmers era 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only 9 teams in history have won 3 in 4. Don’t think it’s that common.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brisbane - 2001, 2002, 2003
Hawthorn - 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
Geelong - 2007, 2009, 2011
Richmond - 2017, 2018, 2020

So that is 4 dynasties in the last 21 years.

In fact of the last 22 premierships, only 7 (possibly 8) of the premierships have not been part of dynasties. They are more common than not.

Actually these days it is more common than not. Plenty of teams have now won 3 premierships in reasonably quick succession.
Not common though to win 3 in quick succession the Richmond way, we were the only team that could move the ball quickly when no one else could. The other teams were so pathetic that even with David King showing them on a weekly basis how Richmond's defence sets up and how they should all move the ball quicker to counteract that, and they still couldn't do s**t 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 , it was a sad state of affairs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 so much so that the AFL felt they had to usher in the Richmond created era,
so the AFL literally go on to bring in a SHocking rule to prompt other teams to move the ball quicker Richmond style. We are the cause of seasons '21 & '22 and everything that happens while the statue on the mark rule is with us.

Not common though to win 3 in quick succession the Richmond way, we were the only team that could move the ball quickly when no one else could. The other teams were so pathetic that even with David King showing them on a weekly basis how Richmond's defence sets up and how they should all move the ball quicker to counteract that, and they still couldn't do s**t 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 , it was a sad state of affairs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 so much so that the AFL felt they had to usher in the Richmond created era,
so the AFL literally go on to bring in a SHocking rule to prompt other teams to move the ball quicker Richmond style. We are the cause of seasons '21 & '22 and everything that happens while the statue on the mark rule with us.

Um, 2 of the other dynasty teams of the last 23 years won their flags faster, and there were only 4 teams dynasty teams on the list, one of which is Richmond.

Brisbane - 2001, 2002, 2003
Hawthorn - 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
Geelong - 2007, 2009, 2011
Richmond - 2017, 2018, 2020

So that is 4 dynasties in the last 21 years.

In fact of the last 22 premierships, only 7 (possibly 8) of the premierships have not been part of dynasties. They are more common than not.

Maybe we’ll see if the trend continues. Geelong isn’t 3 in 4 btw. So it’s 3.

Um, 2 of the other dynasty teams of the last 23 years won their flags faster, and there were only 4 teams dynasty teams on the list, one of which is Richmond.
They didn't win 3 in quick succession the Richmond way, was the AFL ever at their wits end when those teams were winning?

You beat teams at the MCG who weren’t very good to begin with and ontop of that have atrocious historical records at the MCG. We had to beat very strong Melbourne based teams. Not even comparable

So you can raise ‘historically poor’ records at a ground despite different groups of players, but I can’t raise ‘historically poor’ records in Grand Finals despite different groups of players ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your off season was excellent .. 2 gun rookie mids , with an A grade mid and a gun forward.
Yes, on paper we lost only McStay best 22 and gained what you mentioned + McKenna
But as the saying goes- You may look good on paper, but the game is played on grass

Only 9 teams in history have won 3 in 4. Don’t think it’s that common.

I clicked the like button because this is probably the only accurate and reasonable thing you have posted. Yes 3 premierships is very hard for a team to win.

So you can raise ‘historically poor’ records at a ground despite different groups of players, but I can’t raise ‘historically poor’ records in Grand Finals despite different groups of players ?

Grand finals is such a ridiculously spread out small sample that it makes no sense to use. If you want to go ahead and use win loss at the MCG where grand finals are held, then you have a relevant sample.

In fairness like you said each team is different and i agree, but that adelaide team only played 3 times at the MCG that entire season.. Very poor inadequate exposure to draw anything. Compare that to richmond having it as thier home ground playing 11 games there.

The historical figures simply state (surely your not shocked) that interstate teams struggle at the MCG to win games. Most if not all interstate teams have a shocking win loss record at the MCG.. GWS and adelaide’s is historically very bad. So naturally you will have an advantage playing a interstate team compared to a strong melbourne based club like collingwood or st kilda.

strong melbourne based club like collingwood or st kilda.
But they were false alarmers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 like I said the 10 greatest seasons of all time features 3 false alarmers.

What was harder, to go 21-1 or win the flag in 2008? Losing with a 21-1 H&A record in 2008 is confirmation that lucky father son Geelong were false alarmers.

Last edited:
But they were false alarmers 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 like I said the 10 greatest seasons of all time features 3 false alarmers.

What was harder, to go 20-1 or win the flag in 2008? Losing with a 20-1 H&A record in 2008 is confirmation that lucky father son Geelong were false alarmers.
What on earth are you on about?

Is mcstay an actual loss??? I dont think so
Quite a few posters on the Lions board also don't see McStay as a loss
However, he was best 22 in a good side and way better ruck relief than Jo Daniher
Gunston comes in.
He fills that senior goal kicking 3rd tall role.
Gunston is a different type of forward but won't be that ruck relief McStay was in 2022

Back