Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

27 losing GFs, 16 flag
13 losing GFs, 16 flag

😉
I suppose we can go as far back in time as you like, but if we look at the AFL competition as we know it, Pies are 3 from 7.

What I would say is that apart from 2011, it was a credit to the club for even contending a GF in 2002/2003 and 2018.

2011 was an issue given we finished top of the ladder.

So, would rather have my team give itself an opportunity even when they have an ordinary team, then only having a chance if it’s a star-studded team.

Last edited:
I suppose we can go as far back in time as you like, but if we look at the AFL competition as we know it, Piea are 3 from 7.

What I would say is that apart from 2011, it was a credit to the club for even contending a GF in 2002/2003 and 2018.

2011 was an issue given we finished top of the ladder.

So, would rather have my team give itself an opportunity even when they have an ordinary team, then only having a chance if it’s a star-studded team.

Every club goes through cycles of different degrees of quality, no difference to the Pies 32 year hiatus

Prior to 2015, that 2 decade period we were arrogant as a club, rather than embracing appropriate list management strategies

Whether that leads to the ultimate success for this group, its a watch and see

But there has been a significant difference with the Pies 32 year 'hiatus', and Carlton's past two decades (and counting), hasn't there?
I hope he's not trying to equate our runners-up dynasty with their wooden spoon dynasty

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must not tell lies
They'll expel you from Carlton if you admit that.

In the Ross vs Voss debate the discussion hinged (in my vuew) on reliability. Lyon gives you a narrow range of possible outcomes, the predictable ugly grind, and dishonorable losses at the final hurdle.

I think Voss gives you more chance of failure and more chance of a flag. He rolls the dice a bit, gives the opposition a look and takes his own shot. We've had plenty of luck pulling off something similar, it's quite doable.

You'll need to improve as much again as you did last year, if you meet that Brisbane side they can beat the tar out kf you. We flogged them in the huts all day and they couldn't be kept out of the goals.

No one with a heart would begrudge Cripps a flag.

Nobody gives two ***** about a loss in an elimination final or a semi once the next season rolls around
Yeah totally understandable, to give two ****s you'd actually have to make finals more than once every decade for them to mean anything

Convenient when you've done nothing for decades

We expect to go deep into finals every year, regardless of list strength or windows etc, that's why we're the greatest and most successful club

Carlton may be briefly in the up but still not at our elite level

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
.... but Vossy has "great intellect", which will clearly be a difference maker this year.

Far out just watched the highlights from the intra club, should have made the bet on Elijah being better than Nicky D instead of Schultz

Classy and can actually win his own ball, what a pick up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out just watched the highlights from the intra club, should have made the bet on Elijah being better than Nicky D instead of Schultz

I like a man who will bet based off an intra club game.

I'm happy the change the bet to sub Schultz out for Daicos. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
Deal?

I like a man who will bet based off an intra club game.

I'm happy the change the bet to sub Schultz out for Daicos. It's a risk I'm willing to take.
Deal?
It's the only way to do it. TRAINING THE HOUSE DOWNNNN

But unfortunately I'll stick to Schultz, gotta go with the brain not the heart. If we were doing a bet on hard ball gets id be all over it but Nicky boy is pretty good at kicking...

It's the only way to do it. TRAINING THE HOUSE DOWNNNN

But unfortunately I'll stick to Schultz, gotta go with the brain not the heart. If we were doing a bet on hard ball gets id be all over it but Nicky boy is pretty good at kicking...
Well after seeing the Pies intraclub game I'm off to put a gorilla down on Lipinski for the Brownlow.

I know you're trolling and I should ignore but anyway. Not sure where you find hard ball gets but Nicky D averaged 9 contested possessions to Hollands 4.9 last year, 7 ground ball gets to 3.9, 4 clearances to 1. So this bet is looking real good to me..

Well after seeing the Pies intraclub game I'm off to put a gorilla down on Lipinski for the Brownlow.

I know you're trolling and I should ignore but anyway. Not sure where you find hard ball gets but Nicky D averaged 9 contested possessions to Hollands 4.9 last year, 7 ground ball gets to 3.9, 4 clearances to 1. So this bet is looking real good to me..

CPR

Screenshot_20240217-130227_Opera.jpg

Did they have footage of him trying to sniff the boundary line up his nose?

Back