Who will be EFC's next Brownlow Medallist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlostj

All Australian
Oct 31, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I really don't think that Stanton is going to win a brownlow, maybe he's our best chance in 2008, but I still think he has no chance. Not damaging enough. People compare him to Harvey, but while he may cover the ground that Harvey does, he doesn't have the strength, skills or the agility that Harvey had when he was winning a brownlow.

Stanton may develop those in years to come, but I can't see 2008 being that year. For my mind I can't see any of the established players in our side winning a brownlow except for Ryder.

Some of the younger players may get there eg Gumbleton, Hislop, Jetta etc but very early to tell.

retroparty

Premiership Player
Mar 5, 2007
Bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Kings 11
I think the only players with the potenial to win a brownlow are the players which were drafted in 06. Paddy Ryder has a chance but its usually the midfielders which get the votes. Paddy has great potenial and could play so well to get more votes than midfielders in a midfielders comp.

nighthawk

All Australian
Mar 25, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Well yeah, obviously Lloyd is our most likely next Coleman, I was just suggesting that we have a lot more candidates for the Coleman than the Brownlow.

Phat Toni

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs & Storm
Nash doesn’t get enough of his own footy to win a brownlow. From the little that we have seen IMO David Myers looks the most likely winner.

Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
Daniel Rich or Surban. Not sure Myers will win one, Ryder might win one if he moves to the ruck.

This is part of the reason you get ridiculed.

Picking players who are not even drafted yet, let alone played a game of AFL and you pick them to win a Brownlow.

You can't even get the name right.:cool:

Sep 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I remember a time when i used to think Dean Soloman would have a chance of winning one. This was back around the 2000-2002 years.

I don't think Stanton can win one, McVeigh might be too old.
You need to be in a team that wins 12+ games to have a chance of the brownlow so i don't think anyone on our list will get one in the next couple of years.

Houli around the time he is 22-26 i think will have a real chance. He is strong, dedicated and has some quality decision making skills. He needs to have a couple of injury free years and probably needs to be kicking some more goals.

I can't think of anyone else on our list that has a chance at the moment.

Also great thread idea!

Thomas Hird...
or Alex! :p Can't wait till I'm 33 years old to see them play LOL!

Watson, McVeigh or Hille 2010
I am putting money on Lloyd next year, If he is better than Richo at everything he would be better in the roaming wing/forward position, Richo is like 5th or something so you never know. *awaits ridiculing quote*

Kyle Reimers. He already did some very eye catching things, now he has added the orange boots. Definite vote getter IMO, just needs to get more of the ball. He runs fast and kicks it long when he has it, just needs to get more of it.

CrippsonBlue

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Damien Pevrill!

He'll get picked up by Freo next year and will be an absolute star! (cough, cough)

What happened to this guy can I ask. I remember a few years back, Pevrill was one of the guys I was most worried about when we played you, now it seems he is in and out of the side from what I've noticed.

Is it injuries, or did his form just drop last cpl years? Thought he would have gone on to be a really good player to be honest, in the Ling mould (I realise this is ironic as they are probably the two ugliest players, but I meant style wise)

Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
lol at nash

Easy to LOL now, months after the call tosser. Where were you early when everyone had a guess or an opinion. I still think Nash will be an exceptinal player. So how about you give an opinion, instead of just laughing. Loser!

Sep 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
What happened to this guy can I ask. I remember a few years back, Pevrill was one of the guys I was most worried about when we played you, now it seems he is in and out of the side from what I've noticed.

Is it injuries, or did his form just drop last cpl years? Thought he would have gone on to be a really good player to be honest, in the Ling mould (I realise this is ironic as they are probably the two ugliest players, but I meant style wise)

Pev (and JJ) got told that he wont be given many chances for the rest of the year.

And will possibly be de-listed at the end of the year...

Apr 26, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa
If Brent Stanton ever wins a brownlow medal then our great game is up s**t creek!

We don't have any experienced senior players capable of winning a brownlow. Therefore I'd pin our hopes on Myers or someone who is yet to be at the club........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back