Who will be GWS GIANTS best player in 2025?

Remove this Banner Ad

PaythePerryman

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Thought I'd chuck this out there because we have so much young talent coming through....

I'm wondering who will be our next superstar?
Bruhn
Callaghan
Stone
Hopper
Taranto
Leek
Bobby
Taylor
Idun
Ash
Green

Whoever else you like...
I'm hearing that ASH is looking ELITE and is gonna have a break out year. Some might even say....'burning up the track.'

Also....what a rebuild

There’s a growing list of potential/ almost stars .... pity we wasted picks on Hately Caldwell
You can't get them all right. I will say I think Adelaide paid overs for 'What have you done for me Hately'.
Caldwell has been injured but will be fantastic. Jack Steele is obviously one of the ones you don't want to give up....but even then...our drafting strategy just landed us with too many mids at that time.
I guess when you have the high picks you go with best available....and they tend to be mids.
That's why this draft was so good. Callaghan who can play tall wing, Leek and Fahey as defenders.

Thought I'd chuck this out there because we have so much young talent coming through....

I'm wondering who will be our next superstar?
Bruhn
Callaghan
Stone
Hopper
Taranto
Leek
Bobby
Taylor
Idun
Ash
Green

Whoever else you like...
I'm hearing that ASH is looking ELITE and is gonna have a break out year. Some might even say....'burning up the track.'

Also....what a rebuild

Of the less exposed talent I'm most keen on Bruhn and Green, also Riccardi.
Of the "established" players I think Hopper has less improvement left than Ash, Pruess, TT and Taylor, but those 4 look like being central players for a long time. But most of the above look like good players for us.
I'm on the fence with Hill, be interesting to see what his commitment is like this year.
Idun surprised me by being better than s**t, happy to eat humble pie on that one, be interesting to see if he is best 22 if, not when, we ever have our best 22 on the park in the same game.

Can live with Caldwell given he was considered best available by many at the time but Hately never made any sense as he didn't fit a need at all and was certainly not best available.
I was super keen on Hately, fortunately I'm not a recruiter :p

Of the less exposed talent I'm most keen on Bruhn and Green, also Riccardi.
Of the "established" players I think Hopper has less improvement left than Ash, Pruess, TT and Taylor, but those 4 look like being central players for a long time. But most of the above look like good players for us.
I'm on the fence with Hill, be interesting to see what his commitment is like this year.
Idun surprised me by being better than sh*t, happy to eat humble pie on that one, be interesting to see if he is best 22 if, not when, we ever have our best 22 on the park in the same game.
Hope you’re right about Riccardi.
I was with you on Idun prior to last year and am now a convert. I expect him to continue to improve and cement himself as an automatic pick.
I’m really excited about who else will push through this year. Angwin, Alleer, Peatling, Wehr or Brown (my pick) may push out bigger names. I hope some come through as it will be the last picked six who will really help jump us into contention.

Best in 2025, it’s hard to go past Green, but he’ll still be distributing to Kelly and Whitfield who’ll still be A-graders.

Hope you’re right about Riccardi.
I was with you on Idun prior to last year and am now a convert. I expect him to continue to improve and cement himself as an automatic pick.
I’m really excited about who else will push through this year. Angwin, Alleer, Peatling, Wehr or Brown (my pick) may push out bigger names. I hope some come through as it will be the last picked six who will really help jump us into contention.

Best in 2025, it’s hard to go past Green, but he’ll still be distributing to Kelly and Whitfield who’ll still be A-graders.
My guess is that Ash will explode with midfield minutes.
The guy plays at a different pace to a lot of our mids, runs all day and is a great kick.
Leek to find a spot in the team quickly I think. Bruhn will be a star. Hopefully it's with us!

Well he'll only be 31 in 2025, so I'm just gonna go ahead and say Toby Greene still...

There’s a growing list of potential/ almost stars .... pity we wasted picks on Hately Caldwell
Caldwell's 2 second rounds effectively became Callaghan. one went back to Geelong to get the 3rd 1st round pick, we than traded the 3rd first round and a second rounder to get callaghan.
I think they might have been slightly different picks but picks with the all trading, but in effect, it became collingwoods first rounder which worked out great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The safe bet is probably Taylor, Hopper or Taranto, as they are almost there already.

My left field young gun is Tanner Bruhn (not super left field), but I have a feeling he could be the best of this lot.

Ash and Green also look like rippers.

The safe bet is probably Taylor, Hopper or Taranto, as they are almost there already.

My left field young gun is Tanner Bruhn (not super left field), but I have a feeling he could be the best of this lot.

Ash and Green also look like rippers.
Tanner it's gonna be a star. For sure. My only problem is retaining him. Let's hope he signs on early and for a while.
You'd think after last season the younger guys can see the fruits of the rebuild after a tough 2020. The framework is there....Callaghan mentioned on the recent pod that they wanna win premierships...the guy hasn't played a game yet and he's got that mentality.
Also Leeks podcast ep is fantastic. Filled with confidence but also humility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back