Who will be our new coach next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarkson strikes me like he would want NFL grade resourcing around to take on the gig.

Choco seems more the Sheedy type streetfighter and more likely to coach just because "he has to".
If we're not prepared to back the next coach with sufficient resources, then we ought to pack the joint up.

We can't meander along cutting corners.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

1. Williams (shake up the club and demand things his way)
2. Clarko (bring the experience and his own people)
3. Bucks (purely for his desire to win a flag and his passion, think players will have an amazing amount of respect for him also and work their asses off)

Can I see any of these happening? No. North never assign any senior coach where it has been someone with a high profile, always seem to take the easy options and hit cruise control.

I don’t want Simpson or Leon Cameron, I think it’s in the best interest to get a big fish to rejuvenate the passion of the fans.
The club has tried for big fish coaches and players
Clarkson, Longmire, Simpson all said no, like dusty, Kelly, etc
Maybe we have to fix some things first to increase the appeal of the club

He was interested. He gave a radio interview hinting at it around the time.

The club was too inept to follow up.
He was interested. He'd be my choice and on reflection should have been given the nod. In fact I can't work out why he wasn't. A premiership coach, has never been out of coaching, a straight shooter and proven with development. And yet didn't get the gig, we decided to sign off on an untried coach. The mind boggles. The question is would he want the job.

He was interested. He'd be my choice and on reflection should have been given the nod. In fact I can't work out why he wasn't. A premiership coach, has never been out of coaching, a straight shooter and proven with development. And yet didn't get the gig, we decided to sign off on an untried coach. The question is would he want the job.

Clubs have an obsession with avoiding over 60s as coaches now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with a good reputation would not wreck it by going to North. I have heard that Bugs Bunny is available. Nothing to lose. After game press conferences. What's up duck
That's rubbish, a great coach that backs themself would understand we have some good young players and things can change quickly.

Bucks is overrated.

Inherited a premiership quality team from Malthouse and could only muster up a comprehensive PF loss (after getting done by Hawthorn) then getting beat by Port the next year.

Spends the next 5 years rebuilding to have another crack only to realise there are too many players on $$$ and stories about issues with players. Hard pass.

Need someone that can enforce standards across the board and develop a professional level.

Chocco. (Clarkson is not gettable)

Bucks is overrated.

Inherited a premiership quality team from Malthouse and could only muster up a comprehensive PF loss (after getting done by Hawthorn) then getting beat by Port the next year.

Spends the next 5 years rebuilding to have another crack only to realise there are too many players on $$$ and stories about issues with players. Hard pass.

Need someone that can enforce standards across the board and develop a professional level.

Why is Clarkson not gettable? He even said himself at the start of the year that we have some talent on our list.

Any of the below:
Clarkson
Cameron
Buckley
Simpson
Pyke

No first time HC.

Bucks is overrated.

The odds of getting Clarko are not good, agreed, but I don't think the door is jammed shut just yet. If we get two first round picks, one because of finishing last plus a priority then a later one in round two then I reckon we are a show.

Snowball's chance in hell of landing Clarko imo, but it was mere weeks ago he was talking up our younger players. His opinion on their potential won't have changed since then despite our shitness. I'm sure there are other, more gettable candidates who can also see that potential

The odds of getting Clarko are not good, agreed, but I don't think the door is jammed shut just yet. If we get two first round picks, one because of finishing last plus a priority then a later one in round two then I reckon we are a show.
So that means not getting another coach until seasons end after picks and PP are announced..not now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back