Who will be our new coach next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do Amarfio and bucks have a known relationship/friendship? Genuinely could be two people that know eachother chewing the fat. Maybe we also want a recently retired coach on the selection panel if it ends up going that way, or he's just one of a dozen names on a list we want to know if it's worth formally approaching to invite to interview.

Personally wouldn't read too much into it, but who bloody knows these days. Here's to hoping it's the club once again going out of their way to throw the scent off of Clarko while we wheel and deal!

Buckley's ability to coach is a major issue.

Yeah, Pies played some good footy at times, terrible footy at other times, seemed to have issues getting the most out of his players on a consistent basis.

But it is understood that while the club’s coaching search was briefly mentioned on the walk, Amarfio knew in advance that Buckley was unlikely to change his mind on his decision not to coach next year.

When contacted on Friday about his informal chat with Buckley, Amarfio told News Corp: “Nathan has zero interest in coaching. I knew that before our walk (on Friday).”

Amarfio and Buckley have been good friends for a number of years.

Buckley said recently: “I won’t be coaching next year.”

“Right now, having had the time out of the game and enjoyed the space that I’ve been in with Fox and SEN without the stress and pressure of coaching, I’ve actually really enjoyed myself and the situations I’ve found myself in.

“I don’t feel the need to bring that stress back into my life at this point.

“If I don’t have that in my heart then I can’t do it for myself first and foremost, but I wouldn’t be doing the right thing by an organisation walking in if you were three-quarters ready.

“I can’t see myself doing it next year.”

But seriously how good would it be if he rejected North as a teenager so he could play in finals; had 23 years as player or coach without winning the big one, then came back in his 50s and got a flag for the team that discovered him all those years ago.
Make it happen someone.

Last edited:
Yeah, Pies played some good footy at times, terrible footy at other times, seemed to have issues getting the most out of his players on a consistent basis.
Kick away from a premiership. We should have such inconsistent results.

Every experienced coach has a black mark of some sort, unless you can poach one who is still at the top. Every other candidate is more of an unknown quantity, may have all the negative issues in the world but no one knows about them yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have asked for his assistance to be part of the group that decides who our next coach is?

As for Buckley being our next coach......he could have been our coach after Laidley's exit.

You say no once......you say no forever.

You should never chase after people that never wanted to partake in the first place.

But seriously how good would it be if he rejected North as a teenager so he could play in finals; had 23 years as player or coach without winning the big one, then came back in his 50s and got a flag for the team that discovered him all those years ago.
Make it happen someone.

It’d be better if he knocked us back again and the bloke who took the job got the flags.

Make it happen someone.
Believe he's done it to us twice.

Might have asked for his assistance to be part of the group that decides who our next coach is?

As for Buckley being our next coach......he could have been our coach after Laidley's exit.

You say no once......you say no forever.

You should never chase after people that never wanted to partake in the first place.
100% - reneged on his word twice. As a player and then coach. He should never set foot in Arden Street. Never.

What happened to Leigh Tudor? He was meant to take us to a flag! But he disappeared in the middle of the night.
I want my money back.
:exhausted look

Make it happen someone.
He'll do what he's always done - teject us then we'll win a flag

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back