Prediction Who will be our next All Australian?

Who will be our next All Australian?

• Aaron Hall

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Tarryn Thomas

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Luke Davies-Uniacke

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Nick Larkey

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Cam Zurhaar

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Jaidyn Stephenson

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tom Powell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Horne-Francis

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Will Phillips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hugh Greenwood

• Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh this thread did not age well
To put a positive slant on it, it is aging like fine wine - taking time to fully come into its own. Give it a couple of years - maybe a decade - and we'll have an AA again.

Actually that's not very positive at all :think:

It clearly won't happen this year, but players like Tom Powell, Will Phillips, and JHF were originally included in the poll with the suggestion that it may take a few more years to break this drought.

Davies-Uniacke should be the betting favourite at the moment. He has had the most apparent forward trajectory this year and there's still a lot of realistic scope for his improvement. He cleaned up some of my bigger issues with him this year, with consistency now being the biggest obstacle to him being recognized as an elite mid. While part of this is due to his inexplicable time spent in the forward line during games, there's still plenty of work to be done on his tank.

LDU is already playing some stellar football, but could go another level, maybe two.

Even though he is playing that second possession out of the clearance most times, he is still averaging 4.2 clearances a game. Increasing this number to 5 next year will be a huge start, as he is easily our most damaging player holding the ball and moving through traffic.

He has made huge gains in his pressure and tackling this year. I would love for him to increase his inside 50s to 5 a game.

Finally, he is averaging 359 metres gained. The top line mids are averaging 500s here. Getting him to 450 in the next year or two will mean the team is realising what a weapon this guy is. And that can only be a good thing. His fitness needs to go to another level here. I have hope.

Improve in these three areas, with his quiet, unassuming way and he could get there. We would want to improve quite a bit to give him a chance though...

Lachie young.

Paul Curtis. Can’t wait to see this kids career develop. With a stronger side he will improve. Predicting he can become one of the games better small fwds

As of this post, Larkey has polled 0 of the 59 votes. He isn't in the team yet, but I thought this thread was still worth a bump.

Credit to Larkey, as none of us saw this coming.

If this drags into next year, then LDU, Larkey, Thomas, and Sheezel would have to be a chance.

Back