Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a case of right place, wrong time for Harves unfortunately.

Maybe so. But there's no denying his only realistic shot at the gig was when Richo got the job.
After Ross he was still too inexperienced and this time he will be coming up against Ratten who you would expect would be close to an unbackable favourite and only closing with each win.
All I'm saying is the timing hasn't been kind to Harves.

Agree with these.
If Richo had finished the season before leaving, Harves might have been a realistic chance.
As it is, with Ratts already "bum in seat" he's definitely got the upper hand.

Like so many times in life, timing is everything.

News to me - who else have we interviewed?

Has Rob Harvey been interviewed yet and if so how did it go?
Yes you are correct.

Club has done nothing since Richo quit.

They haven't spoken to anyone. Nor have they sounded out managers etc.

The position has been advertised on Seek.

Applications close on the 31st.

All CVs to be submitted by then.

Molly a strong chance.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct.

Club has done nothing since Richo quit.

They haven't spoken to anyone. Nor have they sounded out managers etc.

The position has been advertised on Seek.

Applications close on the 31st.

All CVs to be submitted by then.

Molly a strong chance.
If you happen to be out at Tullamarine on Sunday morning keep an eye out - apparently a Port Adelaide assistant coach isn't traveling home with the team - has some important meeting in Melbourne on Monday morning.

And if what I hear is correct, if you hang around Tulla till Monday around lunchtime, its a fair chance you'll see someone from Sydney turn up.

Busy day on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you happen to be out at Tullamarine on Sunday morning keep an eye out - apparently a Port Adelaide assistant coach isn't traveling home with the team - has some important meeting in Melbourne on Monday morning.

And if what I hear is correct, if you hang around Tulla till Monday around lunchtime, its a fair chance you'll see someone from Sydney turn up.

Busy day on Monday.

Are those meetings cancelled if Essendon win on Saturday night?

Busy day on Monday.
Yep if you hang around Qantas domestic terminal long enough, I'm sure you'll see thousands of people from Sydney turn up...

Blaky or Stevie J?

Does the prospect of Brad Scott not getting a role with anyone after all this make anyone else happy?

I don’t ever wish unemployment on anyone, I just don’t want to be his employer.

In contrast though, looks like Richo will definitely have a job somewhere which I’m very happy about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back