Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree mate. It's the only thing I find palatable right now.

The list of assistants available is seriously unappealing.

Lenny might even get Ross back under him. Get the band back together hahahaha.

One things for certain we'd sell memberships like hot cakes with Lenny back.
Yeah...Lenny isn't quite ready now so the three year thing makes some sense. I think a lot of people are worried about Scott. We know what we're going to get. I think the supporters are tired of treading water. We need to be really brave with our next decision here. Either make it a huge mistake or a massive win. Our next appointment needs to change the direction of the football club forever. Either we appoint a Watters and know he isn't the guy after two seasons (no harm no foul IMO) or we end up with the next Clarkson. A real game changer. I want us to throw up that hail mary this time and see if it works.

Has it occured to anyone that maybe Scott won't be a candidate?
giphy.gif

Yeah...Lenny isn't quite ready now so the three year thing makes some sense. I think a lot of people are worried about Scott. We know what we're going to get. I think the supporters are tired of treading water. We need to be really brave with our next decision here. Either make it a huge mistake or a massive win. Our next appointment needs to change the direction of the football club forever. Either we appoint a Watters and know he isn't the guy after two seasons (no harm no foul IMO) or we end up with the next Clarkson. A real game changer. I want us to throw up that hail mary this time and see if it works.
Couldn't agree more.

I'm really hoping we finally nail this one. Like we did on the lyon appointment which was a shock to everyone.

I think if we held the club to a higher standard we'd be closer to a flag. Success would breed succeess, 80000 members all if a sudden ;)

Utter rot.

The members hold the club to as high a standard as we can. At the end of the day we have very little influence other than whether we pay up each year.

Anyone who sprouts rubbish about supporters ‘accepting mediocrity’ is a bonafide nuffie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are way off.

First off, Clarko is a very hard task master. He held Ratten in the highest regard. He backed him for a head coach role and said he is ready.

Secondly, we can dream - but we won’t land a Clarko. I don’t think Beveridge is big on sentiment either. Unless something major goes wrong in 6 weeks between these coaches and their football clubs. We can rule both these two out.

Your left with the untried stkilda champions - Harves and Hayes. Both a no for me.

Bassatt, Caracalla, Mitchell, Teague, Shaw etc. none get me excited.

Leaves us with tried and Tested in Brendan McCartney Brad Scott, Christ I’ll throw in Mark Neeld aswell.

I’d take Scott out of all 3. But I’m not a fan.

For me Ratten has the chip on his shoulder and the runs on the board at a modern power house. He should never have been sacked at that time at Carlton. For me, wins and losses mean nothing in the next 6 weeks. Christ he can lose all 6. Just give me effort and pride in the jumper for 120 minutes week in and out. Atleast I can say I saw that when I went to the footy. I’m sick of 30/60/90 minutes of football.

Well said.

A bit why I'm on the Sam Mitchell wagon. And I actually am a fan listening to him speak and his c.v both playing and coaching.

He's a genius and we get him for a long time which means great success for us and/or we spoil him for the Hawks....win win

Well,that's my point,their have been those on here who have mentioned that they will not take out a membership if scott gets the nod,what a ridiculous call,they certaintly don't understand the club's motto,they find there own agenda's more important

No they are sick of bog average appointments & are scared the next appointment will be made via a sham process.

They’re passionate, loyal supporters who are as frustrated as any of us.

Their only agenda is seeing the club finally succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please no proven failures. Forget about Scott, Ratten and Voss etc.

I really want a Harvey or a Hayes for sentimental reasons but another untried option I'd really like to see would be Nathan Basset.

Justin Longmuir and Matthew Nicks are also worth talking to. Longmuir in particular is very highly rated.

Sam Mitchell is the dream candidate if he was available.

Utter rot.

The members hold the club to as high a standard as we can. At the end of the day we have very little influence other than whether we pay up each year.

Anyone who sprouts rubbish about supporters ‘accepting mediocrity’ is a bonafide nuffie.

I think I'm a nuffie. Dammit

Out of the untried lot, Sam Mitchell is the one i'd be most happy with. One of the best footy IQ's to play the game. I also think he'd be hot on disposal, given he was one of the most elite field kicks i've seen. I know that's no guarantee of success, but my gut tells me he could be a hell of a coach.

I'm still in the Ratten camp, but if they didn't go that way and chose Mitchell, i'd still be pretty happy.

Interesting Gary Lyon has predicted & recommended Justin Longmuir as Saints coach.

Playing career: Fremantle 1999-2007 (139 games, 166 goals)

Coaching career: Fremantle (2010) - development coach; West Coast (2011) - development coach; West Coast (2012-16) - forwards coach; West Coast (2017) senior assistant coach; Collingwood (2018) defensive and backline coach)

Interesting Gary Lyon has predicted & recommended Justin Longmuir as Saints coach.

Playing career: Fremantle 1999-2007 (139 games, 166 goals)

Coaching career: Fremantle (2010) - development coach; West Coast (2011) - development coach; West Coast (2012-16) - forwards coach; West Coast (2017) senior assistant coach; Collingwood (2018) defensive and backline coach)
Him or Caracella should be our main targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back