Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mc Cartney was not really credited for developing the defensive game of the Bulldogs first.

He was sacked because they weren’t really performing though. Quite similar to us at present actually.

Next minute Bevo comes in, adds a little pizzazz and hey presto.
I'm not trying to be deliberately painful (I just am)...

I just don't think we have the skills to play differently. Minor tweaks maybe.

Hird Head Coach
Bomber Assistant
Scott Assistant

Dreamteam
2agrhhc.gif

Hearing Hird has put his hand up.

Could be a sensation appointment

We should get an instant rise/lift if that's the case. We will have players like White running the 3km time trial in club record times. Clark will be lifting 150kgs and Hannerbrey able to play into his 40s.

With respect, the last thing we need right now is Hird.

I'd honestly give it away after 50 years.

Some things are non negotiable in life.

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm sure he won't be seriously considered but Hird as coach is a deal breaker for me. I would need to withdraw all financial support for the club.

Some things are bigger than sport and as far as I'm concerned what Hird did is unforgivable. I don't care so much about the cheating aspect, more the risks he took with his players health cannot be overstated, particularly when trusting a self-declared sports scientist with absolutely no understanding of what he was doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he won't be seriously considered but Hird as coach is a deal breaker for me. I would need to withdraw all financial support for the club.

Some things are bigger than sport and as far as I'm concerned what Hird did is unforgivable. I don't care so much about the cheating aspect, more the risks he took with his players health cannot be overstated, particularly when trusting a self-declared sports scientist with absolutely no understanding of what he was doing.

Oh he understood what he was doing.
He just wasn't talking .

Harvey would be a great choice he would automatically have everyone's respect attention mabey his media side of things would not be the best but he'd get bye. He can obviously get what he wants to say across to player he has captain our club during a successful period pls has a best assistance coaching award and been a big part of building Collingwood you don't do that if you can't talk. Action speak louder than words

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was captain for one year two at most . He’s my hero I don’t want to talk bad of him . Just my thoughts . If he went into my games room he’d think I was a stalker the amount of framed and signed jumpers I have of him

i have no doubt Ross was prepared to go through the rebuild with us and i reckon had he stayed we would be a much stronger side today as i dont think Ross would have allowed the Pelchen madness go as far as it did ... Ross may have very well been good at developing the kids if given the chance but from the time he was with us his focus was narrow mindedly on the team to win our next flag.. he didnt have time or a need to go talk and teach guys like Ledger or Stanley the ropes he was trying to win a flag and in turn he gets labled as the guy who cant build a list...

Sorry mate got to disagree .

Feedback from guys at the coal face at the club tell a different tale of the tape with “young “players.

Loved Ross when he was our coach had fantastic understanding of the way the game was evolving
on game day , was ruthless with accountability towards Senior players .

Interestingly enough was talking to a couple of them today at the club about it .
Consensus was the young players of today are completely different , even Ratten alluded to it today.
Coaches differently today as result .

Our list is very young but we lack the top-tier talent that he had at his disposal when he arrived as our coach in 2007.

It may be there of course, awaiting development, but I’m not sure we have the list that suits him. He is a great coach to lift talented lists that have under achieved. Saints of 2007 and Dockers of 2012.

We need to break the shackles and score more. Let the lads play. Does Lyon suit us?

Not sure. But who knows what the selection committee will recommend.
From watching the video today of Langers, I’d say whoever goes for the job is starting a fair bit behind Ratten.

The Age reporting that Bassatt,Finnis,Lethlean,Dean Anderson and 3 to be Determined Outsiders will choose our Next Coach
This is funny after listening to SEN afternoons for the last painful time a few days ago when Wallet was bagging the crap out of Lethlean for not being involved on the selection committee.

Thank God for the Off The Bench Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back