Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well the heresy is backed by them playing well all of a sudden. My North mates reckon they look unshackled from Scott's system that made them all play roles with no freedom. Scott to me literally sounds just like Richo from what they say.

I'm going to have a very hard time liking anything about the club if we trade away guys like Bruce, Carlisle and Stuv leaves....then Scott being our coach on top of that there is nearly nothing left to engage my in them on field. I se him as the Blight choice, he's thinking of taking a year off but we'll tempt him back to footy and he'll half hearted coach us until we pay him out and put Lethlean in.
Nothing like a blight choice,he made it obvious his coaching days were over,it was only a million dollar chq which would be worth 5 million today that enticed him away from queensland on a part time basis,scott on the other hand has made it clear that he wants to be a career coach and has unfinished business,anyway on current availability I would be happy with scott or ratten,with scott just edging him out....

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Meh. Either way it doesn't reflect well on Scott tbh. His powers of analysis are flawed at best.
So you saying that Brad Scott has powers of analysis!

I thought the flog was capable of only being either very annoyed
Or really really angry!

Has anyone stopped to consider that the club has been active via headhunters and sounded out prospective candidates?

Also, hypothetically, if the club has managed to secure Clarkson, would people still demand a "process"?

I hate these hypotheticals. Of course a guy who's the top coach in the country doesn't get a process. The top actors don't do screen tests. Best CEOs don't interview etc.

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Scott wasn't at any stage the best coach in the competition. And, unless we're saying that there will never be a better coach than him, then it isn't possible for Scott to be the best candidate.
He just might feel safer than an untried coach. That is all.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yeah I get that 43 I’m not suggesting he’s the best candidate. I’m saying if you put together an independent and highly credentialed panel and they come up with Scott what are the people saying he’s no good want to do.

Has anyone stopped to consider that the club has been active via headhunters and sounded out prospective candidates?

Also, hypothetically, if the club has managed to secure Clarkson, would people still demand a "process"?

Nope. And I’m happy to be called a hypocrite over it. :)
Having said that, Clarkson’s career would be enough of an interview surely?
( kidding)

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
I hate these hypotheticals. Of course a guy who's the top coach in the country doesn't get a process. The top actors don't do screen tests. Best CEOs don't interview etc.
How do you then explain our appointment of the Chobot? 😀

Yeah I get that 43 I’m not suggesting he’s the best candidate. I’m saying if you put together an independent and highly credentialed panel and they come up with Scott what are the people saying he’s no good want to do.

You have to trust the process though. I'm old enough to know that you get your result and back fill the process to suit the outcome. I ave a friend in marketing and he's just posted a thing saying they have worked out focus groups are full of s**t and unreliable. No s**t, you basically pay a lot of people to make your set outcome.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
You have to trust the process though. I'm old enough to know that you get your result and back fill the process to suit the outcome. I ave a friend in marketing and he's just posted a thing saying they have worked out focus groups are full of s**t and unreliable. No s**t, you basically pay a lot of people to make your set outcome.
Processes are very useful... as long as they are genuine.

Ideally, you need a sort of prickly but intelligent character without vested interests and too many friends at the place who still has respect like a Dunstall to lead it.

Their main job is to pull the likes of Lether's inline (or sideline them completely) who already have their candidate lined up and let the process play out fully so that the best candidate/s can reveal themselves.

It's why I found it so interesting that Dermie was kicked off the Hawks panel because of his friendship with Ayres. That's the right attitude to have. If you're going to have a process, make it a good one, not a sham.

If that means upsetting the likes of Lethers by sidelining him because of his friendship with Scott, then, so be it.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Meh. Either way it doesn't reflect well on Scott tbh. His powers of analysis are flawed at best.

Absolutely.

It does make me sick that his BS exit was so easily framed into a positive spin... if it was us... well you know the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I used to work in Marketing Gringo and i can assure you that the description
Full of sh!t and unreliable would be most apt when it comes to me and my colleagues!

Hey but the 3 hr lunches at Kittens made it bearable!
Sometimes you just gotta way up the Pro's and Con's! 😏

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
quick straw poll if we have three candidates to choose from who gets your vote ?

Brett Ratten
Brad Scott
Robert Harvey

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I used to work in Marketing Gringo and i can assure you that the description
Full of sh!t and unreliable would be most apt when it comes to me and my colleagues!

Hey but the 3 hr lunches at Kittens made it bearable!
Sometimes you just gotta way up the Pro's and Con's! 😏
3 hours on the bus?

Didn't realise they had a kitchen in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back