Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nope. And I’m happy to be called a hypocrite over it. :)
Having said that, Clarkson’s career would be enough of an interview surely?
( kidding)
I don't care what they do. As long as Roo signs off on it, I'm good.

I think they will only have a process if they have no idea who they want and open the field.

Bassett is a sharp operator and he will have sussed out or sounded out potential candidates by now.

If we have multiple candidates interested, then they would use a panel.

If they have a preferred candidate who is willing to accept the job, they wont IMO.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You have to trust the process though. I'm old enough to know that you get your result and back fill the process to suit the outcome. I ave a friend in marketing and he's just posted a thing saying they have worked out focus groups are full of s**t and unreliable. No s**t, you basically pay a lot of people to make your set outcome.

It’s been like that for a longtime but some places have changed. The more progressive organisations will run a more independent process whereby a panel will consist of one person working within the relevant area, another person from another area within the organisation & the third person external from the organisation & from a separate profession.

There is still the risk of the person within the relevant area contaminating the process by attempting to manipulate the panels decision making however the risk is mitigated by having three people that have not had much/anything to do with each other prior to the process.

If we run a three person panel & Scott is a candidate then it becomes impossible for Lethlean to be part of the panel & he would excuse himself because you run the risk of candidates not applying because they see the conflict of interest so don’t even bother.

Andrew Bassett with his corporate background & not to mention he owns a recruitment agency becomes one panel member. Call him the internal member from his area. The second member would be someone from within the industry so perhaps Leigh Matthews or Paul Roos or someone like that. The third person would be someone completely independent from the industry, it could be a psychologist (although that could be a fourth member to provide oversight from a psych POV) or a CEO/executive member of another organisation govt/private doesn’t matter.

If we run it properly with a good mix of panel members we should go alright. Picking the panel members is the key because you obviously wouldn’t want Lethlean, Hanners old man & some staffy that he’s running on the side to make up the panel.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
From those three I would be happy to take the risk on Harvey. Quiet achiever & an introvert however I’m sure he would apply extremely high performance standards & his competitive nature would mean he would want to be surrounded by the very best people in the industry. Harvey & a strong DoC is not a bad combination.

The other two we kind of know what we get. Both are Richo/GOPs, low risk, low reward.

Get Banger.

e6671f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back