Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the mark of the ***right*** coach is that they get sustained effort and buy in when there is little change to playing staff or game plan. They then get vast improvement from the same players.

3/1 and the loss could have easily been a win if we capitalised when on top.

Just give the bloke the job. Especially if the playing group as backing him. Hanners post game interview was very strong that it should be Ratten in his eyes.

If I was a player weighing up the future of my career. I think knowing who will be overseeing the path my career takes going forward would be a major consideration particularly if there is more than one option in play.
Yep so we just wait until the Wednesday after round 23. That’s way before the trade period. Last time we went to early we re signed a coach before we needed to

Yep so we just wait until the Wednesday after round 23. That’s way before the trade period. Last time we went to early we re signed a coach before we needed to
I don't disagree with you there.
Just stating why it is going to be important in regards to attracting talent.
The club can't rest on its laurels as though they have all the time in the world to act on this.
I personally want Ratten but I do hope the process around appointing him is thorough and transparent.
The clock is ticking however.

I don't disagree with you there.
Just stating why it is going to be important in regards to attracting talent.
The club can't rest on its laurels as though they have all the time in the world to act on this.
I personally want Ratten but I do hope the process around appointing him is thorough and transparent.
The clock is ticking however.
I don’t think 2 weeks will hurt.

Listening to SEN this morning & King is saying the club should appoint Ratts effective immediately! However, he along with many others have been critical of appointing Shaw before the season finishes & without running a proper process. Do these media jokers talk just to change gears?!

I’m most definitely on ‘Team Ratts’ however there is no need to appoint him until after round 23. He has already said his chips are all in for the StK job so he isn’t going to got poached by Carlton or any other club.

after trending slightly backwards in the adelaide and melbourne games. ratts delivered a win against the dogs, who i don't think we have beaten for a number of years. he then also improved the margin against freo by 8 points. yes there is a home ground advantage in there somewhat, but i don't think we would have got that result with richo.

I keep hearing about scott being anointed prior to richos departure. Have any of our assistants being put on notice for next year?

I think the mark of the ***right*** coach is that they get sustained effort and buy in when there is little change to playing staff or game plan. They then get vast improvement from the same players.

Just give the bloke the job. Especially if the playing group as backing him. Hanners post game interview was very strong that it should be Ratten in his eyes.
Did you see that snippet from the 3/4 time huddle?

Priceless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after trending slightly backwards in the adelaide and melbourne games. ratts delivered a win against the dogs, who i don't think we have beaten for a number of years. he then also improved the margin against freo by 8 points. yes there is a home ground advantage in there somewhat, but i don't think we would have got that result with richo.
I thought you were a no

Not sure it matters. He is hardly Clarkson.

There's no panic to appoint the head coach IMO.

Any player that is on our radar would have been identified/approached well before now IMO.

Winning 3 of the 4 games as interim certainly doesn't do his cause any harm what so ever.

I thought you were a no

i needed to see results. he's got the results through an improvement. how big is that improvement? i don't think its been as dramatic as carlton, but its been an improvement.

if i was to give it a scale out of 1/10. 10 being a pretty damn extreme improvement where we are smashing sides. i'd give ratts about a 6. slightly passable.

if he had delivered a win against adelaide it would give him an 8 i reckon.

big two weeks coming up. if he can deliver two thrashings and improve the % it will do wonders for his application.

Just thought I'd share this "Ratts experience" from earlier in the season........it flashes thru my mind a bit.

Was in Perth for the Freo game....finally found the open training session which was a bit of a hike from the CBD.

A big crowd had turned up and it was a warmish afternoon....plenty were huddling under the Pavilion verandah.

The players turned the corner of the Pavilion to a rousing round of applause......then Richo turned the corner then Ratts right in front of me.

The look on his face was priceless......he was gobsmacked at how many people had turned up.

i needed to see results. he's got the results through an improvement. how big is that improvement? i don't think its been as dramatic as carlton, but its been an improvement.

if i was to give it a scale out of 1/10. 10 being a pretty damn extreme improvement where we are smashing sides. i'd give ratts about a 6. slightly passable.

big two weeks coming up. if he can deliver two thrashings and improve the % it will do wonders for his application.
Fair enough. Still don’t rate interim coach form. Ratten will coach. Doesn’t mean I’m sold on it. But it doesn’t matter what I think. I’m only one of over 40k members. Imagine if they listened to all of us.

Fair enough. Still don’t rate interim coach form. Ratten will coach. Doesn’t mean I’m sold on it. But it doesn’t matter what I think. I’m only one of over 40k members. Imagine if they listened to all of us.

i'm not sold on it either. i think it's the safe option. i'm skeptical on how much uplift we will really get.

Hannebery's interview yesterday for anyone who missed it

As I posted at the start of Ratts’ 6 game interview, 4/6 wins would make it extremely difficult to overlook him. Considering injuries & form prior to Ratts taking over, 4/6 is a solid 7.5/10 for mine. Lose the next 2 & he still gets the job but it’s 3/6 wins & 6/10 IMO. Beating Carlton really solidifies his coaching performance of 6 weeks.

When a player like Hanners says that Ratts has taught HIM things, then you sit up and take notice.
That was a huge vote of confidence in him as a coach.

Ratten one week, Hill the next.
I hope we miss out on Hill and then we try for Bailey Dale and that falls through and then we make a last minute play for Dustin Martin.
Just so I can use the line.
I'm over Hill I'm over Dale now we hit the Dusty trail.

It's ok I'll show myself out :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back