Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
When a player like Hanners says that Ratts has taught HIM things, then you sit up and take notice.
That was a huge vote of confidence in him as a coach.
I agree and hope Ratts get at least 3 years,
But when was the last time a player said "Ah he ok as a coach but I think the club should still go through the process and see who else is out there"

I agree and hope Ratts get at least 3 years,
But when was the last time a player said "Ah he ok as a coach but I think the club should still go through the process and see who else is out there"

True. But he did not have to be quite as effusive in his praise as he was.
He really seemed to be pushing the barrow. “Holding thumbs” he said, if I remember correctly.

Let’s hope Jack feels the same way. He looked really happy yesterday and the boys looked absolutely rapt for both players.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fair enough. Still don’t rate interim coach form. Ratten will coach. Doesn’t mean I’m sold on it. But it doesn’t matter what I think. I’m only one of over 40k members. Imagine if they listened to all of us.
Realistically we have a pool with about 7 fish in it, Bevo wont come across, Lyon neither. So we have Scott, Ratts possibly Teague and several assistants.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Realistically we have a pool with about 7 fish in it, Bevo wont come across, Lyon neither. So we have Scott, Ratts and several assistants.
Scott isn't in discussions unless it's a a DoC position.

Lade has shown interest.

Harvey is making noises.

Carra is going to the injectors.

Longmuir will probably take over from Lyon.

Who else is out there with Ratten credentials?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
He really seemed to be pushing the barrow. “Holding thumbs” he said, if I remember correctly.

Let’s hope Jack feels the same way. He looked really happy yesterday and the boys looked absolutely rapt for both players.
club has had more than enough time to assess Ratten.

His W/L ratio as caretaker will have almost nothing to do with it.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

Hope so, Going into next year with Ratts and Steven would be a bonus

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Curious to know who people believe are viable alternative candidates that are actually gettable.

I'm not seeing too many TBH.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing this morning.

Caracella looks primed to take over from Woosha. He was a very well credentialed assistant: success followed him wherever he went. He was the one I would have loved to get involved in a process and see what his vision for the club was.

Mitchell doesn't look at all likely: there is just no noise linking him with anyone outside of Hawthorn after Clarko or linking him with doing a senior job now.

Longmuir? Looks primed for Freo after they part ways with Ross eventually...

Banger is pretty much it from the assistants. But like many think, on balance, Ratts with his Hawthorn experience is clearly preferred surely head-to-head as much as we all idolize Banger.

Scott? It's a no from me but he's available so a possibility.

More than anyone I was banging on about process but looking at the above and who we have, it's really looking pointless at the moment. We've got our man in charge already and he looks a great fit for where we are at and where we are going. It honestly feels incredibly exciting.

It's really just going through the motions at this stage if we decide to do a process and waste a lot of people's time. We'd have rocks in our head to not hire Ratts from what he has shown us in my opinion.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
I hope we miss out on Hill and then we try for Bailey Dale and that falls through and then we make a last minute play for Dustin Martin.
Just so I can use the line.
I'm over Hill I'm over Dale now we hit the Dusty trail.

It's ok I'll show myself out :drunk:

Champagne comedy! 😂😂😂

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
I hope we miss out on Hill and then we try for Bailey Dale and that falls through and then we make a last minute play for Dustin Martin.
Just so I can use the line.
I'm over Hill I'm over Dale now we hit the Dusty trail.

It's ok I'll show myself out :drunk:
Boy oh boy LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love harves but it’s a fu** no from me, imagine when we start playing like s**t...it’ll be like killing bambi. Plus I reckon ratts is a better fit 🥳
I'm not a fan of putting a club legend as coach purely what it can do to thier legacy. Voss and Hird come to mind.

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
Has to be very hard to pass up on Ratten, has the players in a buoyant mood & a happy team is a good team. Watching the way we are playing now, even the players that are not having outstanding games are still doing the little one percenters to help their MATES out. IMO he has them in a good place.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

Get him for Sandy And turf Hamill now!
I’ve got no idea how you would know if hamill can coach or not. For 2 years he has had bugger all saints players to work with but let’s just sack him anyway. It’s the saints way. The only problem is nothing changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back