Opinion Who will be our next head coach?

Who will be our next head coach?

• Brett Ratten

Votes: 81 68.6%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ross Lyon

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve got no idea how you would know if hamill can coach or not. For 2 years he has had bugger all saints players to work with but let’s just sack him anyway. It’s the saints way. The only problem is nothing changes.

Agreed, Pluggs. If i was assessing him objectively, I'd say it's imlossible because of the shocking injury toll this year. We've had between 10 and 15 missing through injury/illness every week.

That has a devastating effect, especially on the lower level. I know Sandy has looked a rabble in the second half of the year, but he's had SFA to work with. Two weeks ago, we played a kid from St.Bede's B grade ammos as our first ruck. The kid, O'Toole doesn't even ruck for St.Bede's.
F
I've posted before that sorting out Sandringham's problems is critical to the development of our young players and to the overall success of the club.

Hamill will have his performance reviewed as per normal procedures. His KPI's will include far more than just the win loss ratio.

His fellow coaches, players and club officials will be in the best position to judge his performance, suitability and potential for improvement.

In Satan, Fred, Matt and the Board I trust.*

* Declare my bias towards him, as I am a paid up member of "The Sacked Coaches' Club." I was robbed I tells 'ya!😂

Occam's Razor should be applied.
William of Occam (also spelled "Ockham") didn't invent the rule associated with his name. Others had espoused the "keep it simple" concept before that 14th-century philosopher and theologian embraced it, but no one wielded the principle (also known as the law of parsimony) as relentlessly as he did. He used it to counter what he considered the fuzzy logic of his theological contemporaries, and his applications of it inspired 19th-century Scottish philosopher Sir William Hamilton to link Occam with the idea of cutting away extraneous material, giving us the modern name for the principle. (Source, Sandilands, Bingle, Kruger, O'Keeffe et. al.)

So I propose, using the Law of Parsimony, we appoint Brett Ratten as the new full time, head coach of the St.Kilda Football Club. You know it makes sense. You're welcome. I just saved the club around 300K minimum in unecessary recruitment and consultancy fees. 😉

Agreed, Pluggs. If i was assessing him objectively, I'd say it's imlossible because of the shocking injury toll this year. We've had between 10 and 15 missing through injury/illness every week.

That has a devastating effect, especially on the lower level. I know Sandy has looked a rabble in the second half of the year, but he's had SFA to work with. Two weeks ago, we played a kid from St.Bede's B grade ammos as our first ruck. The kid, O'Toole doesn't even ruck for St.Bede's.
F
I've posted before that sorting out Sandringham's problems is critical to the development of our young players and to the overall success of the club.

Hamill will have his performance reviewed as per normal procedures. His KPI's will include far more than just the win loss ratio.

His fellow coaches, players and club officials will be in the best position to judge his performance, suitability and potential for improvement.

In Satan, Fred, Matt and the Board I trust.*

* Declare my bias towards him, as I am a paid up member of "The Sacked Coaches' Club." I was robbed I tells 'ya!😂
Correct on brayden otoole. Plays forward for st bedes and was playing against pruess to make matters worse. Would weigh about 80 kg

Occam's Razor should be applied.
William of Occam (also spelled "Ockham") didn't invent the rule associated with his name. Others had espoused the "keep it simple" concept before that 14th-century philosopher and theologian embraced it, but no one wielded the principle (also known as the law of parsimony) as relentlessly as he did. He used it to counter what he considered the fuzzy logic of his theological contemporaries, and his applications of it inspired 19th-century Scottish philosopher Sir William Hamilton to link Occam with the idea of cutting away extraneous material, giving us the modern name for the principle. (Source, Sandilands, Bingle, Kruger, O'Keeffe et. al.)

So I propose, using the Law of Parsimony, we appoint Brett Ratten as the new full time, head coach of the St.Kilda Football Club. You know it makes sense. You're welcome. I just saved the club around 300K minimum in unecessary recruitment and consultancy fees. 😉
Parsimony is a very underrated vegetable...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i needed to see results. he's got the results through an improvement. how big is that improvement? i don't think its been as dramatic as carlton, but its been an improvement.

if i was to give it a scale out of 1/10. 10 being a pretty damn extreme improvement where we are smashing sides. i'd give ratts about a 6. slightly passable.

if he had delivered a win against adelaide it would give him an 8 i reckon.

big two weeks coming up. if he can deliver two thrashings and improve the % it will do wonders for his application.

Carlton had a lot more potential on their list though. They were underperforming for a long time. We still have to get some elite players in.

I'm not a fan of putting a club legend as coach purely what it can do to thier legacy. Voss and Hird come to mind.
If any other club thought Harvey was coach material he would've been a coach already.

If any other club thought Harvey was coach material he would've been a coach already.

When was the last time there was a coaching vacancy?
Maybe he wasn’t ready then.

I'm not a fan of putting a club legend as coach purely what it can do to thier legacy. Voss and Hird come to mind.

Voss and Hird hadn’t done 11 years as an assistant though.

I’m firmly Team Ratts but Harvs Assistant coaching CV is decent enough to warrant an interview.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The unfortunate thing for Harvey is if he gets the job (which I don't think he will), the general perception will be he only got it because he is a legend of the club and not because he was the best candidate available.

And I dont think anyone could disagree with that. Looking at Ratten's CV, his experience, his relationship with the players, his actual output while caretaker - I don't see how any other candidate could actually compare to what he has to offer.

I know the club is all about going through the process to cover themselves if it goes wrong but the quicker we just hire Ratten, the better we will be as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back