Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't made a long time ago
The issue with this is that so many people have been speculating that we would make this exact decision for months. It unfortunately makes it look as though it’s always been the decision we would make.

Perhaps we were at the very least influenced by all the speculation.

I believe you if you say this isn’t the case, but the optics are just awful on this one...

Sure but a simple we are disappointed but it has been dealt with internally rather than I'd love to throw the book at him would have put the issue to bed
We can't seem to get on the front foot with anything

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Several other club presidents have come out yesterday saying the same thing about illicit drugs, Kennett, MacGuire. Yet when Koch says it he is weak?
No wonder we are the laughing stock of the competitition. We melt about everything.

I honestly couldn’t really care less about co-captains, but understand there are those who do.

What irks me most is the way this sort of info is leaked to the media, leaving the club unable to control the narrative on so many issues.

These leaks were blocked up between 2012 and 2015, coincidently the years Chad Cornes was away from the club. Since 2016 the place leaks like a sieve, as it did prior to his departure as a player.

I honestly couldn’t really care less about co-captains, but understand there are those who do.

What irks me most is the way this sort of info is leaked to the media, leaving the club unable to control the narrative on so many issues.

These leaks were blocked up between 2012 and 2015, coincidently the years Chad Cornes was away from the club. Since 2016 the place leaks like a sieve, as it did prior to his departure as a player.
This sentence absolutely nails it.

I have been thinking about this... why don’t we just come out and announce tri-captains by adding Robbie or Charlie as our forwards skipper?

At least that would make a bit of sense with Wal in the middle and TJ down back!

He had his critics but i think we started going down hill in the footy dept and became less tightnit since Peter Rhode left. I think he had better control and was a better media perfomer than davies and i think he had influence on the board and coaches which i think davies does not

Hey lads, I come in peace, please don't shoot me down. I'd heard through the grapevine that Port supporters weren't happy about the whole co-captain thing. I'm curious as to why it's such a big issue?

I know you have a thing against Chad but do you know it's him leaking info? KT could put a stop to it pretty quickly if he wanted to. Even people on this board have no problems at all obtaining and spreading inside info.

It's the total lack of respect by this club towards the fans this offseason that is the worst of all of this.
Starts out with the most boring game plan ever and complete capitulation in the back half of last year and Ken's answer for this is the rambling what, where, why press conference
Move on to the pissing match with Wingard on Instagram and using Cornes and Tredders to peddle the message to try and justify the decision at a distance.
Then Wines and the whole, ah well footballs not that important of your not having fun on your weekend. And every player from the club seems to want to come out and tell us how our now half Captain on $800K should be able to do as he like on the weekend, even if it does impact his ability to do his job. Try that on at your own workplaces tomorrow and see how it goes.
Watts video comes out, meh, and that blows over only to be brought up again by our chairman just to give himself another news bite
Now the co-captains, which everyone in the club knows it's going to piss off the fans, is announced by the advertiser and AFL.com without even so much as a pre prepared statement ready to come out from the club when it leaks. All happening literally 3 days following an "all access insight" into the behind the scenes running of the club that they've put their hand out asking members to pay an additional $99 above their memberships.
Please feel free to add anything I may have forgotten in this turd sandwich of an off season.
Port used to be a club with engaged fans who where part of the makeup of what made it great. Now we are just another bunch of franchise customer mushrooms ready to have more s**t shoveled on by the club we are trying to support.

Not working harder to keep Polec (sorry folks, had to be said).
Trading away Pittard for nothing whilst still paying half his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should care more about tradition who gives a * about media

Co-captain announcement bingo.

Two outstanding candidates
Best chance of success
Tradition shouldn’t stand in the way of progress
Something something modern game
We respect our members
Complementary strengths
Strong decision
Unanimously backed by the playing group
Process
S y D e N e Y

Add ... We still have a core values

Their propoganda is as bad as Eddie McGuire's.

Speaking of Eddie, how does the sole captain of the biggest club in Victoria with Eddie looking over his shoulder and his lovechild as coach cope with the demands and pressure of captaincy of Collingwood? Pretty damn good ... but our blokes need to share the responsibility.

Koch, Hinkley, Jonas, and their responses over the past couple of weeks have been insinuating our traditions are detrimental to our success ... they've just been shitting on our traditions ... it is bloody sad.

All just camouflaging Hinkley's ineptness.

Better than Dom Cassisi,
And probably better than Travis Boak-ey
They're my captains, captain-a-ains

Worse than keeping Ken Hinkley
No-one shits on history like Kochie
They're my captains, captain-a-ains

After sleeping on it, I still feel the same way. Absolutely gutted that the people who run our club have no understanding of what makes our club special.

It's insane that they would do this... I'm just so upset...

David Koch, Keith Thomas and Ken Hinkley have to go. I don't want any of them near the 150th celebrations. They don't give a s**t about my football club.

When people at the club s**t on club traditions and members then they don't deserve to be part of celebrations of our history.

Hey lads, I come in peace, please don't shoot me down. I'd heard through the grapevine that Port supporters weren't happy about the whole co-captain thing. I'm curious as to why it's such a big issue?

To put simply.

149 years of tradition of having one captain, gone. 1 captain who, with one exception, has always worn 1. That exception being Geoff Motley, who in his first year as captain lead us to our 6th straight flag and played in a total of 9 premiership. He is the expection to the rule.

It’s a tradition, 1 captain who wears 1, that was fiercely enforced by Fos Williams when we returned to coach port in 1962.

After sleeping on it I still think this decision is weak as piss.

Why do the current administration seem hell bent on shitting on what has made us a power (pardon the pun) and unique as a football club.

KT and Koch have pulled the wrong rein here and completely misread how rusted on Port people feel. It might be a football department decision but these two need to ok it.

Just about lost me you pair.

The main problem is that in 5 years, we haven’t drafted a player who is worthy of being captain in his own right.

Jonas is seen as your alpha, macho type. The guy that chews sand and shits glass. The guy you fear letting down on field.

Wines is seen as the caring, inclusive type. The guy that promotes harmony through his actions. The guy you love and come to with problems off field.

A true captain has both qualities.

This here actually reminds me of the Primus/Tredrea saga of 2005. I reckon Montgomery, Schofield and Cornes - who were all there during 2004 - would have suggested that they felt better served as players having Tredrea as their on field captain and Primus as their off field captain...and that the failure in 2005 was in part due to the division in the locker room in having to once again make a solitary choice.

Remember too - at Noosa they had Primus speak to the playing group, and Matthew might have put in his two cents.

Someone said they will probably say something about Wines wearing 16 and relate it to Tredrea being captain.

I reckon they will say that from now on, the co-captains wear 1 (Primus) and 16 (Tredrea). And give some story about preserving tradition while starting a new one.

Wait for them to announce the "The fan is our true #1" as our marketing campaign going into the season proper.
I will fund a manrue drop at the club!

Back