• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I think it’s stupid regardless. There’s absolutely nothing to be gained over the C/VC arrangement from a practical perspective. It just looks indecisive, or worse hints at a divided group that management would rather placate than pull into line, and it could potentially enable conflict in the absence of a clear chain of command.

And that’s before we even get to the issue of taking a dump on tradition at a time when we should be celebrating it.

It’s an awful, awful idea.
I am in the only 1 captain corner. Dual skippers just appears to me as an inability for the the club to make a decision

Nah I think it’s stupid regardless. There’s absolutely nothing to be gained over the C/VC arrangement from a practical perspective. It just looks indecisive, or worse hints at a divided group that management would rather placate than pull into line, and it could potentially enable conflict in the absence of a clear chain of command.

And that’s before we even get to the issue of taking a dump on tradition at a time when we should be celebrating it.

It’s an awful, awful idea.
I am in the only 1 captain corner. Dual skippers just appears to me as an inability for the the club to make a decision

It’s pretty crowded in this corner.

If I’m being cynical I’d say the idea of dual captains was thrown out there so that we’re all just relieved when they stick with one, regardless of who it is. Does that point to an off-beat choice?

Im not so sure, he's only 5kgs above his draft weight so it shouldn't be making much if any difference. Needs to be doing more skill work at training (along with quite a few of his teammates) and getting his technique right, hopefully Schofeild being such an elite kick really drives it at training.
Port Adelaide website from his draft year in December has him at 89kgs, He was listed as 99kgs (which is a lie because he's easily into the 100s as of the 2018 season)

Draft profiles from late 2012 have him at 83kgs as well.

So he's significantly bigger than he was from his draft year, but there's not huge improvements noticeable about his power.

Why is everyone making double posts today? Also if you see you have made one, you can delete it you know!
Website is glitching, also takes ages to delete some posts too.

415.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don’t think it matters much either way, but because we have the number one tradition I’d prefer to stay with one captain.

I like the idea of taking pressure off the captain by having co-captains but I’m sure this can be achieved without needing co captains anyway.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/row...tting-His-Hand-Up-To-Be-Port-Adelaide-Captain

Port Adelaide defender Tom Jonas says he would be “ecstatic” to be named captain after the role was relinquished by Travis Boak.

“It’s a great honour to be part of the Port Adelaide tradition in that way so you’ve got to want to do it. You need to put your hand up.

Also good to hear (through the interview with TJ about the change in game style) that they've "taken off the shackles a bit, letting us play footy, back to the way we played in 2014 run-n-gun and going for it"

If we go with co-captains I can just see us doubling down on the stupid with some gimmick like giving the #1 to the crowd 19th man-style.

YaY eVeRyOnE iS cApTaIn!!!

It feels stupid to even type it but I honestly don’t think it’s that far(ris) fetched under the current regime.
I'm imagining KT quietly scrunching a piece of paper into a ball after reading this post.

If this happens. I'm out.

Seriously.

I’m so against it that I’ve deleted my post. Please do the same so that there is no chance it can ever be read by a club official. My most sincere apology for even posting the idea in the first place.

Back