• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m so against it that I’ve deleted my post. Please do the same so that there is no chance it can ever be read by a club official. My most sincere apology for even posting the idea in the first place.

Done

I’m so against it that I’ve deleted my post. Please do the same so that there is no chance it can ever be read by a club official. My most sincere apology for even posting the idea in the first place.

"Hats off to Big Footy subsciber Papa Gallo for this fantastic suggestion - our fans are the best, always have been - always will be!!! :one::handok::clapping::thumbsupemoji::pear::chartingup: "

Upon my death I have instructed my heirs to start a grassroots First Person campaign to retire the #1 guernsey and use the proceeds of my estate to issue foam hands (with integrated beer holders) to every member at the first home game. #firstperson

SH18E-PBH.jpg

Upon my death I have instructed my heirs to start a grassroots First Person campaign to retire the #1 guernsey and use the proceeds of my estate to issue foam hands (with integrated beer holders) to every member at the first home game. #firstperson

SH18E-PBH.jpg

Suddenly I’m in the mood for some Goldeneye.

#firstpersonshooter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who makes the final call on this? The old school method was always the coach deciding who the captain should be, and i assume they still have a pretty big say but it would be thrashed out from an entire coaching panel. With some weight on the players votes?

Does the board still have a say? Didn't we have a situation back in the Choco days where Williams wanted Burgoyne and the board wanted Cassisi and the board got the final say? Surely it wouldn't be like that these days.

I'm still very confident it will be Wines for no reason other than it seems to be the standout choice for mine. I like Jonas and think he would make a great VC to Wines but i'm not convinced he has many years left and if i recall correctly he had 2 very ordinary seasons in 2015 and 2016. I definitely remember calling for him to be dropped in 2015. Wines has a much more consistent form line although Jonas has been better the last 2 years.

And those that have written off Wines for a poor second half of the year and that missed showdown goal may have forgotten the 6 weeks that Jonas missed in 2016 that buggered his and our season and also getting suspended just before finals in 2017 was very costly. Jonas plays the elimination final against the Eagles and we most likely win that game.

Who makes the final call on this? The old school method was always the coach deciding who the captain should be, and i assume they still have a pretty big say but it would be thrashed out from an entire coaching panel. With some weight on the players votes?

Does the board still have a say? Didn't we have a situation back in the Choco days where Williams wanted Burgoyne and the board wanted Cassisi and the board got the final say? Surely it wouldn't be like that these days.

I'm still very confident it will be Wines for no reason other than it seems to be the standout choice for mine. I like Jonas and think he would make a great VC to Wines but i'm not convinced he has many years left and if i recall correctly he had 2 very ordinary seasons in 2015 and 2016. I definitely remember calling for him to be dropped in 2015. Wines has a much more consistent form line although Jonas has been better the last 2 years.

And those that have written off Wines for a poor second half of the year and that missed showdown goal may have forgotten the 6 weeks that Jonas missed in 2016 that buggered his and our season and also getting suspended just before finals in 2017 was very costly. Jonas plays the elimination final against the Eagles and we most likely win that game.
Letting the players do it led to the debacle of Primus over Tredrea and shooting our attempt at a 2005 back-to-back flag down before it even got started. It should be the coaches, with the board only giving a yah or nah.

My recollection of the Choco/Burgoyne situation was that the bean counter CEO of the time John James pulled the trigger and over ruled the chocolate chap, but it is quite possible he was only the bullet, and the board were the gun.

REH may know the full story of what actually happened.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here or even if it matters, but I've been told by someone in the know that Boak didn't actually step down. He was told to.
I found it interesting that he was forced into the change.

Back