• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Shaun Burgoyne v Domini Cassisi selection will always be a useful case for the club to look at. Dom's selection was unanticipatable by ordinary fans but he turned out to be an excellent on-field captain. Reliably good, had longevity in the role, no controversies ever.
By what measure? We were the worst the club has ever been in it's history whilst he was Captain. We had poor coaches (and too few), sub-standard facilities and the rest against us, but he was never a Captain that dragged his teammates into games and took us to wins we should have lost. Wanganeen, Primus, Tredrea, 2013-2015 Boak all did that. Cassisi is a nice enough bloke and was an ok footballer, but he was never more than a placeholder Captain until we had someone who was really good enough to be the Captain reach that level.

I feel like it's being mentioned too often for it not to happen now. I hate the idea. Surely it will NOT happen

Dual captains would be an appalling decision that signals to everyone "hey we're pissweak, come wreck our s**t fam."

If nobody is enough of a leader to be sole captain, then we need to turn over the list even more at the end of the 2019 season.

Last edited:
The only tradition worth anything is winning flags. If dual captains is going to help achieve that I don’t give a * what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coin toss to see which one gets to wear 0.51 and which one wears 0.49
That way it's the most equal and fair way for everyone and no-one to be happy at the same time

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ive gone from wanting Jonas as captain back to Ollie.

Dont think a stay at home defender would be a great choice, cant get up the ground to bark orders or inspire the team.

Captain: Ollie
VC: Jonas

Leadership group: Ebert & hartlett (boak if he wants it, but assume he has stepped down from all leadership roles).

Not keen on a 10 man leadership group

Ive gone from wanting Jonas as captain back to Ollie.

Dont think a stay at home defender would be a great choice, cant get up the ground to bark orders or inspire the team.

Captain: Ollie
VC: Jonas

Leadership group: Ebert & hartlett (boak if he wants it, but assume he has stepped down from all leadership roles).

Not keen on a 10 man leadership group

1 Captain
1 Vice Captain

Want to be a leader, do it one game day, your actions around the club. Not by having your name written down as being in the leadership group.

Back