Prediction Who will be the better player?

Who will become the best player?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the same stage of his career, I would argue that Sav’s closest (Geelong) comparison would be Nathan Vardy. Let’s see if his body is more durable than Vardy’s and he can live up to his potential.
Vardy has bulked up and is doing well at West Coast. I’d love for him to be at Geelong, but how long do you keep a guy on the injury list because of potential?

Stewart, the rest are just hype

One is All Australian the others aren't close

Kelly being the next best, if he can improve his kicking and be a bit more consistent he might get there, I dont think he has much upside.

Sav has shown that he can potentially be a good player but a long way to go.

Henry showed a bit this year but like Sav is no where near All Australian quality, neither have elite skills.

Stewart, the rest are just hype

One is All Australian the others aren't close

Kelly being the next best, if he can improve his kicking and be a bit more consistent he might get there, I dont think he has much upside.

Sav has shown that he can potentially be a good player but a long way to go.

Henry showed a bit this year but like Sav is no where near All Australian quality, neither have elite skills.
Agree, 100%. Stewart all the way on that list.

Really difficult to project Stewart 25, Kelly 24 but being an all australian is incredible that alone will be difficult to budge from this list.

I will answer this a bit differently weak way out

Henry will be the best long term geelong player I think will play 150games plus. And will be a genuine utility but will make a mark at half back.

Stewart will be our best mature pickup probably high impact years slot him at two.

Kelly looks like a Daniel wells type to me without the silky kicking. I think he will be a very good afl player I don't think he will go down as a superstar.

Parfitt at 4 if he stays healthy just reminds me of Christensen quite a bit so much talent good in the contest at that height will his body hold up. If it does he will end a lot higher.

SavRat so difficult with so little games he attacks the packs well very raw still. Athleticism and youth is a dangerous package the way he crushes packs is incredible big long kick. It's not the area of the ground Stephen wells usually nails so slot him in at 5.

Narkle more talent than parfitt just a natural haven't seen enough he to me looks the X-Factor of this whole group. He could be ordinary or he could be a Star. Might not play a stack of games but I think at the end of his career if his body is right his best 5 years will match anyone on this list. COMPLETE STAB IN THE DARK LOL

Fogarty really impressed with his composure and movement another really solid looking player. Looks like a guy that can play a lot of games.

I’m a bit perplexed as to the Esava hype. He is very athletic for his size and can take a mark but I noticed him misjudge the ball in flight quite a few times. Best KPF prospect we’ve had in a while but still plenty of water to go under the bridge.

Constable.

Interesting that he does fly under the radar.

In the games that he played in the VFL he did not seem to have much trouble finding the footy.
I will also have a keen eye on Miers in 2019. He looks to be a genuine small forward rather than a mid who does his apprenticeship in a forward flank or pocket.

In the games that he played in the VFL he did not seem to have much trouble finding the footy.
I will also have a keen eye on Miers in 2019. He looks to be a genuine small forward rather than a mid who does his apprenticeship in a forward flank or pocket.
Will be interesting to see how he forces his way in, could be playing ahead of Scooter next season but I doubt the MC will make that call. Don't think he's the type of player to take Kelly's minutes.

As for Miers, I think he will struggle to get a game, small and slow. Not ideal attributes in the time of pressure forwards.

I actually think Miers is better as a midfielder or link up player than as a small forward tbh. I'm not convinced by his goal kicking, but has good footy smarts and reads the play well so can set things up nicely.

from my point of view , most valuable career for the cats Tom Stewart, backmen are under-rated. Best individual Tim Kelly could win a brownlow medal in the future.

Will be interesting to see how he forces his way in, could be playing ahead of Scooter next season but I doubt the MC will make that call. Don't think he's the type of player to take Kelly's minutes.

As for Miers, I think he will struggle to get a game, small and slow. Not ideal attributes in the time of pressure forwards.

Time for a re-think Chook...not having a go, just highlighting what a player he has become.....

Time for a re-think Chook...not having a go, just highlighting what a player he has become.....

Chook wasn't wrong, though. Gryan is relatively small and relatively slow. Both non-ideal attributes for a pressure forward.

What he brings to offset those limitations is huge, though. Finds the footy often, clean hands, good distributor, elite goal-sense, and a tank to run hard both ways all day. Which brings him into the midfield mix as well, rather than leaving him isolated to one role in the side. And the synergy of finding two elite pressure forwards in Dahl and Chucky to offset his limited capabilities in that role has been immense as well.

Overall, he's yet more proof that genuine football players will generally beat an accumulation of beguiling combine results every day of the week.

IWWT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. One of the many many things I’ve gotten completely wrong about this year and the list. I also called Gary Rohan a downgrade on Jordan Murdoch.

Might have to hand my membership back in.

As for Miers, wonderful to see a pure footballer go well in spite of lacking elite physical attributes.

Back