Prediction Who will be the first Hawthorn player to debut in 2020?

Who will be the first Hawthorn player to debut in 2020?

• Finn Maginness

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Harrison Jones

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Jackson Ross

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Matthew Walker

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Damon Greaves

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Will Golds

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Emerson Jeka

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Ned Reeves

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Will Day

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Harrison Pepper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacob Koschitzke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Maginness is a very good chance to debut early in the season. He may even be in the mix come Round 1.

Walker would have to be a chance, especially if Gunston isn’t available because of injury.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Walker.
Im going to assume that the Wingard magic will be full time mid & Walker will play the small/mid sized forward with X factor with the ability to pinch hit in the midfield.
Who he pushes out/sneaks in front of during the preseason is anyone’s guess... it will come down to where the coaches are looking to add depth on the flank rotations & midfield.
I see the back 6-7 as a lock but 1 position forward & bench cover is where we will see flexibility.

Finn will get his debut before Rd 10.

Jones won’t get a jumper til late in the season/junk game similar to CJ

Ross after the bye as a wingman/HF for a few games

...everyone else will depend on injuries & form but I’m looking at this year as a very tough gig to push into the senior side & it will take exceptional form to get a call up.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finn in Round 4. Easter Monday.
giphy.gif

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
the club seem to favour Maginness and Walker, but i also put in a 3rd, i think against popular opinion Day will get an early debut, possibly a 3 way debut?

i would like to see Ross and Kosi debut, but it seems like they might debut later if things go their way?

and i expect them to give debuts to players they are not sure on whether to persist with or delist ect, which they have done for the past few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back