Who will be the hidden star at your club this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a ******* pick 6 going into his second season after a very good first season. Are you downright that simple that you can't understand the premise of the thread.
He was very inconsistent last year and I don't think anyone expects him to have his breakout season this early, hence my reasoning for putting it forward.

You must not have much going on in your life if that has irked you so much, so I'm sorry about your circumstance.

Marley Williams. Was brilliant in 2017 until getting injured. My tip for one of the back pockets in 2018 All Australian team.

Marley was tracking well for us, then he had his issues and never quite recovered. I was glad he moved on elsewhere, but I'm happy for him that he's recovered his mojo.

This thread really relates to Hawthorns draft picks from recent history - recent history being
Brad Hill (2011 draft pick 33)
Ryan Burton (2015 draft pick 19 - 1st round) - ignored by many due to his broken leg but was touted to be a top 5 pick before this injury
James Sicily (2013 draft pick 56 - 3rd round)
Taylor Duryea (2009 draft pick 69 - 5th round)
Blake Hardwick (2015 draft pick 44 - 3rd round)
Isaac Smith (2010 pick 19 - 1st round)
Daniel Howe (2014 pick 31 - 2nd round)
Luke Bruest (2009 Rookie Draft 47)
Ben Stratton (2009 pick 46 - 3rd round)
Connor Glass (2016 International Rookie Draft pick 62)
Paul Puopolo (2010 pick 66 - 4th round)

This year I think we could have several hidden gems appear - one we saw playing the one game last season

Harry Morrison (2016 pick 74 - 5th round)

Whilst I wouldnt discount

James Cousins (2016 Rookie draft Pick 46) - oops I forgot he played 3 games in 2017 before a season ending shoulder injury
Connor Nash (2017 rookie draft)
James Worpel (2017 pick 45 - 3rd round)
Dylan Moore (2017 pick 67 - 4th round)

Needs more Hawthorn draft history...... :cool:

I think there's a chance Harry Morrison steps in and becomes a ~20 touch per game wing/flank. Damaging disposal too.

Dan Howe had a patch of games last year where he was going head to head against the best opposition mids and doing very well. I could see things clicking for him and becoming one of those big, clearance midfield bulls.

Kaiden Brand has a fair few tools to be a formidable CHB (good decision maker, nice disposal, big reach) but his positioning is still a worry for me.

This thread really relates to Hawthorns draft picks from recent history - recent history being
Brad Hill (2011 draft pick 33)
Ryan Burton (2015 draft pick 19 - 1st round) - ignored by many due to his broken leg but was touted to be a top 5 pick before this injury
James Sicily (2013 draft pick 56 - 3rd round)
Taylor Duryea (2009 draft pick 69 - 5th round)
Blake Hardwick (2015 draft pick 44 - 3rd round)
Isaac Smith (2010 pick 19 - 1st round)
Daniel Howe (2014 pick 31 - 2nd round)
Luke Bruest (2009 Rookie Draft 47)
Ben Stratton (2009 pick 46 - 3rd round)
Connor Glass (2016 International Rookie Draft pick 62)
Paul Puopolo (2010 pick 66 - 4th round)

This year I think we could have several hidden gems appear - one we saw playing the one game last season

Harry Morrison (2016 pick 74 - 5th round)

Whilst I wouldnt discount

James Cousins (2016 Rookie draft Pick 46) - oops I forgot he played 3 games in 2017 before a season ending shoulder injury
Connor Nash (2017 rookie draft)
James Worpel (2017 pick 45 - 3rd round)
Dylan Moore (2017 pick 67 - 4th round)
Don't forget Lovell or O'rourke, if they have injury free seasons then they could stake a claim in this thread

Not a Richmond player, but Sam McLarty from Collingwood could become a hidden star player for them this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nakia Cockatoo.

32 games in 3 seasons, the lad needs some continuity. I'm hoping he's still just growing into this body and doesn't become one of those players whose body just never stands up to the rigours of AFL footy.

For us I think it might be Nathan Wright. I was watching the Melbourne vs North game yesterday and couldn't help but think James Harmes could be one for the Dees. He looked quite classy with ball in hand yesterday.

He still hasn’t shaken the “spud” rep he held in his last season at Melbourne unfortunately. Many scoff at the thought of Dunn sitting at FB in our best 22 and being part of the leadership group but truth is he’d get games at every team in the league except maybe Richmond.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He doesn't get a game at the club that delisted him (as good as), mate.

Last edited:
I really like Blake Acres. He is someone who could possibly step it up this year
He was very raw and skinny and wet behind the ears when drafted, and had a lot of injuries in his draft year and then his first two years at the club, but the penny eventually dropped as to how much you have to work to make it and he's now been relatively injury free for the last couple of years (touch wood!) and is much fitter and stronger as a result.

Looks like he's really filled out this offseason into a much harder-to-move 190cm unit, so will be really interesting to see just how much he does improve, with this 2nd full preseason under his belt and the extra strength.

Is also one of a handful his age at the club that is said to have really come out of his shell and started leading and being more vocal this offseason, after the departures of Nick and Joey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back