Who will be the next club to break a premiership drought?

Who will break the next premiership drought?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs scare me more than the Giants. We match up reasonably well on GWS, the Dogs play the same style that we do but just play it significantly better.
Not sure how to react here, it's true Jones has smashed us in the contest the last two times. Also true next year is at our place, and Ward and Cogs will have a point to prove. I might go down for the game, should be a good one.

Not sure how to react here, it's true Jones has smashed us in the contest the last two times. Also true next year is at our place, and Ward and Cogs will have a point to prove. I might go down for the game, should be a good one.

Not saying we will beat you or we are around your level, you're about 18 months ahead of us in development. Just I'd rather play against you than the Bulldogs.

Not saying we will beat you or we are around your level, you're about 18 months ahead of us in development. Just I'd rather play against you than the Bulldogs.
Well you have won the last two games dead to rights, so I think it will be a good contest. It's bèen a heady ride and I'm not sure where we are. I do think other clubs supporters who think we're unbeatable are silly, and lack heart.

For the suffering supporters I hope it's either Melbourne or St. kilda before any others
Amen. The majority of both supporter bases would have never seen one so for that its for sure time i hope ( as long as its not at our expense ).

I'm going to say Carlton, they appear to be on track, and I hold the old school view that clubs who have been successful are more likely to be successful again. Melbourne or St Kilda if it happens over the next couple of years, they're more advanced in development in my view.
Carltons history is now VFL history and its ancient. Carlton might be impatient for success and the the fans swooning all over the brain dead Silvagni and his love of NEAFL players but they will be in no contention for no flags for a fair while yet.

Tell it to someone who cares. I posted my opinion and you can post yours
I did,and so did you,so that's good. You seem awfully touchy and tend to fly off the handle at nearly everyone. Didn't intend to disrespect your opinion just think the AFL Carlton are a bit of a joke and not really comparable to the VFL version.

I did,and so did you,so that's good. You seem awfully touchy and tend to fly off the handle at nearly everyone. Didn't intend to disrespect your opinion just think the AFL Carlton are a bit of a joke and not really comparable to the VFL version.
Fair enough, you're right. I've deleted my post. It was unnecessarily rude

Stocking up on quality defenders yet expecting the one Plan man Ross to go more attacking? hahahahaha. Reckon next year Fyfe will get more possessions in quite a few games then your opponents or your guys even score.
Wow, I've talked up your mobs chances in this thread and you hit me back with that. I hope the saints win the flag next year and you're the only saints supporter who gets called into work that day . Eat it .

Because of Bias I am leaving freo out of this. Cant believe I am saying this... I chose Richmond.

To be honest, I don't see any of the 5 clubs winning a flag in the 2017-2021 period. I will go out on a limb and say Richmond will win the flag in 2023.

Look, as it currently stands, Saints and Demons are primed to play finals for 3-6 years. Unfortunately, GWS are going to have a 3-6 year period of winning flags too. Swans have a habit of staying up in the top 4 as well.

People said carlton were ok last year because they won 4 in a row mid season but they only won 7 games. Carltons midfield is ok. Not too sure about the KPPs.

Richmond is a strange team. Midfield is decent and they have a good key defender in Rance and Good key forward in riewoldt. A decen coach would of guided them to finals easily.

If Hardwick gets sacked and they get a decent coach, then this changes a few factors on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, I've talked up your mobs chances in this thread and you hit me back with that. I hope the saints win the flag next year and you're the only saints supporter who gets called into work that day . Eat it .

Hey I talked up Fyfe :p

Double Brownlow medallist perhaps 12 months from now :)

Melbourne are soft.
Let me educate you, young Chrissy.

Our midfield is very young, but it's also very hard. The opposite of soft. It's arguably the biggest advantage we have moving forward.

The top 5 teams in the competition for contested possessions in 2016 were: Sydney, Adelaide, Giants, Dogs, Cats

Four of these 5 teams played off in this year's preliminary finals.

The sixth ranked team in the competition for contested possessions in 2016 ? Dees

As you can see it's a strong metric for performance.

Btw, your mob was 15th, which mirrors the quality of your midfield.

Let me educate you, young Chrissy.

Our midfield is very young, but it's also very hard. The opposite of soft. It's arguably the biggest advantage we have moving forward.

The top 5 teams in the competition for contested possessions in 2016 were: Sydney, Adelaide, Giants, Dogs, Cats

Four of these 5 teams played off in this year's preliminary finals.

The sixth ranked team in the competition for contested possessions in 2016 ? Dees

As you can see it's a strong metric for performance.

Btw, your mob was 15th, which mirrors the quality of your midfield.
Don't mind Chris, we are fairly sure he is a Bulldogs/North troll. Most (if not all) Saints supporters rate your list as a similar standard to our own.

Going to talk of what I know about - a bit anyway.

if the tigers are to win one it will be soon. Or after a serious rebuild. The squad has a bunch of AA grade players. then some good talent, much young. What we saw in 2016 was garbage. If they change the game plan then the strengths of the team might come through. But Jack, Rance, Cotch and (less so) Dusty aren't going to stay young. By the time the Demons or Saints are competitive we'll be gone - just about.

Freo are in a similar position to the tigers. Talent to win one now. But unlikely due to poor forward line. Although the guys they've brought in might change that - possibly.

The thread is really about teams in different positions re age/experience. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year. Melbourne and Saints can keep building - or have a down year? Tigers and Freo can get fit and play a better style and be contenders, stay poor? Carlton to keep building up their GWS reserves list + Cripps. :p

oooh now you're entitled to give people the boot aren't you... ? I am not used to it but keep going.. sorry if this sounds like I am condescending
but well get used to it ...

Now you know how ******* painful it is.

Don't mind Chris, we are fairly sure he is a Bulldogs/North troll. Most (if not all) Saints supporters rate your list as a similar standard to our own.
Chris, formally known as NLC78, who got banned about 12 months ago for pulling all the same sort of s**t and derailing thread after thread, with either very inflammatory posts (particularly about Melbourne being "soft"- check out how many of those he did), or posts about St Kilda that made Adam H look conservative.

Anyone who gets worked up about anything he's saying about melbourne needs to get a grip. Would be like anyone getting bent out of shape about anything someone like MOC or Boristown says about St Kilda.

Last edited:
Back