Who will be the next club to break a premiership drought?

Who will break the next premiership drought?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at the tigers supporters going through and reacting to every post pre-2017 that wasn't picking them for the next flag, did any of you seriously think you were about to go on a huge run after the way 2016 ended?
Suck it up. There are more oppo fans out there who were telling us post-2017 that we fluked it and would return to another 37 years of mediocrity too.

How many years is it before you officially are in drought? Is it 18 years with an 18 team comp?

The Bombers must be in drought territory.

Are Collingwood and Geelong? Probably not.
Geelong aren't in a drought. Nine flags in 124 seasons is one every +/-14 years, so they're not even at their average yet.

How many years is it before you officially are in drought? Is it 18 years with an 18 team comp?

The Bombers must be in drought territory.

Are Collingwood and Geelong? Probably not.

Coming from a Melbourne supporter, to suggest Geelong or Collingwood are close to drought territory is an absolute slap in the face! If you've won a flag since the 80s it's not a drought.

Suck it up. There are more oppo fans out there who were telling us post-2017 that we fluked it and would return to another 37 years of mediocrity too.
Ease up turbo, I asked a question - no need to get offended

Because of Bias I am leaving freo out of this. Cant believe I am saying this... I chose Richmond.

To be honest, I don't see any of the 5 clubs winning a flag in the 2017-2021 period. I will go out on a limb and say Richmond will win the flag in 2023.

Look, as it currently stands, Saints and Demons are primed to play finals for 3-6 years. Unfortunately, GWS are going to have a 3-6 year period of winning flags too. Swans have a habit of staying up in the top 4 as well.

People said carlton were ok last year because they won 4 in a row mid season but they only won 7 games. Carltons midfield is ok. Not too sure about the KPPs.

Richmond is a strange team. Midfield is decent and they have a good key defender in Rance and Good key forward in riewoldt. A decen coach would of guided them to finals easily.

If Hardwick gets sacked and they get a decent coach, then this changes a few factors on here.
Bloody hell what A prediction.....

To think I said the tigers would break the drought 1st.... I didnt predict they would win one before 2023.

They got the drought Broken in 2017. got another in 2019 and another in 2020.

Bloody hell what A prediction.....

To think I said the tigers would break the drought 1st.... I didnt predict they would win one before 2023.

They got the drought Broken in 2017. got another in 2019 and another in 2020.

Jeez thanks , I would never have known

We havent win since 2018 and it feels like ages ago.

We average 1 every 8.5 years or so.

So Im guessing anything over 10 years is a drought.

Weve had 2 x 12 year droughts (94-06 & 06-18) and they feel like a lifetime.

Id be over the moon if we can average 1 every 8-10 years for the rest of my lifetime but they are BLOODY hard to win.

I wasn't offended. You'd need to do better than "lol at Tigers supporters". Just pointing out facts.
You really are offended, I'm allowed to laugh at whoever I want which is why I asked if they legitimately thought the Tigers were about to win multiple flags at the end of 2016. It's a genuine question, stop getting so upset over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are offended, I'm allowed to laugh at whoever I want which is why I asked if they legitimately thought the Tigers were about to win multiple flags at the end of 2016. It's a genuine question, stop getting so upset over it
Now I’m offended and upset? You’re not that bright are you. That’s rhetorical, no need to reply.

Coming from a Melbourne supporter, to suggest Geelong or Collingwood are close to drought territory is an absolute slap in the face! If you've won a flag since the 80s it's not a drought.

I feel like we are in a drought - it's all relative really

But what is a drought?

Is 18 years a reasonable definition these days?

Because I thought it was rhetorical. You better look that word up now that I’ve used it twice.
Funny that despite using it twice you still don't understand what rhetorical means. I'll ask again;

Did you legitimately think Richmond were about to start winning flags at the end of 2016? I'm really confused as to why you keep dodging the question?

Funny that despite using it twice you still don't understand what rhetorical means. I'll ask again;

Did you legitimately think Richmond were about to start winning flags at the end of 2016? I'm really confused as to why you keep dodging the question?
Did you only read the first definition? Or maybe you didn’t even spell the word right when putting it into Google. It’s got a silent “h” in there.

Out of the teams left.....

Fremantle - Great talent coming through. Need some luck with injuries.
Melbourne - Talented but not going to win it with Goodwin.
St Kilda - Just can't trust them to win it anytime soon.
Carlton - Long way off.

However as we saw in 2008, 2016 & 2017 anything can happen!

Last edited:
Back