Preview Next Gold Coast Suns coach - Stuart Dew.

Who will be the next Gold Coast Suns coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just thought of an idea. Every 3 years all coaches go into a draft, and get drafted to their new clubs like a player would get drafted. That would make things interesting. Brisbane would have the first choice this year, and Adelaide would get the 18th best coach.

I just thought of an idea. Every 3 years all coaches go into a draft, and get drafted to their new clubs like a player would get drafted. That would make things interesting. Brisbane would have the first choice this year, and Adelaide would get the 18th best coach.
I love this idea! Would help a lot with equalization.

But imagine if your club ended up with a Scott brother. Eek

I love this idea! Would help a lot with equalization.

But imagine if your club ended up with a Scott brother. Eek

If the Swans finish 6th this year that means we would have about the 13th best coach. Means we would probably end up with an Adam Simpson or a John Worsfold with that pick. All the creative and inspiring coaches would be gone but one of them would do in a pinch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Eade sacked, Gold Coast can now start the process of looking for their new coach for the 2018 season and beyond.

The candidates for me include the recent graduates of the level 4 AFL coaching course which includes John Barker, Stuart Dew, Robert Harvey, Adam Kingsley, Simon Lloyd, Blake Caracalla and Matthew Nicks. Other coaches currently completing the course include Justin Longmuir, Jade Rawlings, Scott Burns, Brendon Lade, Leigh Tudor, Dean Solomon. Dean Solomon will be the caretaker coach for the Suns for the last 3 games so he can be assessed up close and considered for the role if he applies for it. Then there's coaches like Brett Ratten, Matthew Knights and Paul Roos for example who have coached at the highest level before and could also be considered.

I'll put up a reasonably extensive list of prospective coaches for the poll on who will be the next coach of the Gold Coast Suns. Anyway who do you think will be the next coach? Discuss.

Curse of McKenna will reign for a century

Brett Ratten deserves another opportunity

He would be a great get. I think of the untried blokes I'd lean towards Dew or Bassett.

Ratten was alright at Carlton, and history shown he was better than given credit for. Ratten was also very highly rated in his time at Melbourne Football Club - when he was their midfield coach.

Exactly the list has some real stars, need some experienced bodies, and that is why the picking up of Barlow and Lyons (only 25) were great gets that will help the team. Injuries have also destroyed any chances they have had. 18 on the list right now, absurd. If a coach can come in and get these players to turn around and play at their best, I believe a turnaround like the Bulldogs could definitely occur. Who thought back in 2014 after the sacking of McCartney that the dogs would play finals the next year, and then win the flag the year after? Things can turn quickly
GC are clearly in a good position to turn things around. Hopefully that opportunity makes them an attractive option to the coach they want.

Back