• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

BluesRule

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Simple vote, based on who you hope/think will be there ...

Last edited:
I am hoping that we go in to pick #8 with Francis, Weidman and some quality mids available. My preference would be get get Francis and Weidman and I seriously doubt that that Adelaide would pass over Francis if available so I would go Francis first hoping that the Crows go for a mid or Burton with #9 leaving Weidman available with #10.

I am hoping that we go in to pick #8 with Francis, Weidman and some quality mids available. My preference would be get get Francis and Weidman and I seriously doubt that that Adelaide would pass over Francis if available so I would go Francis first hoping that the Crows go for a mid or Burton with #9 leaving Weidman available with #10.
Added Weideman

Burton, I think clubs will be cautious in recruiting him in the top 10 and I think as this pick was initially brought in to do a trade with GWS for Tomlinson, I think our mindset will be in for that "potential" gun with X-factor. Also I think with our facilities we'll be able to help with his rehab and also don't forget this kids mindset to work through such a horrific injury and get back on the park... this kid wants it!

Gresham looks the type who will be a solid performer and appears to be very focussed and level headed.

Im still spinning out why the Dogs swapped pick 11 for 20 & 21 (as well as us upgrading our 4th rounder for a 3rd rounder next year).

Knightmares mock draft has 6 players being nominated in the first 21 players so that effectively pushed those picks out to 26 & 27. He has 3 of those going inside the top 10 which pushes our pick 11 out to pick 14 which right about where Emma Quayle reckons the step goes down a level so IMO we have turned those picks into something that really improves our chances of gaining some long term talent with this pick.

Who that will be I have no idea, but I suspect itll be the best available of that upper level of talent in the draft pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be ecstatic if Oliver lasted till 8 but i doubt he will. That being the case, perhaps a Francis, Mckay might be there.

Pick 11, I would go a little early, but select Collins. The inference that he is another Watson, is off the mark. Collins is quicker than Watson as well as reading the ball better through the air.

Pick 19 - If we miss out on Oliver at 8, I believe the club will seriously look at Dunkley with this pick.
If not, I would be happy with one of Hibberd, Gresham, Clarke or Cunningham

I wonder if we went after Gorringe which negates our need to get after Harrison McKay at this pick, being both boys are 200cm tall and that ruck/KPF role. We already have Kreuzer, Casboult and Gorringe as those you would say can reasonably play both roles, with both Phillips and Wood as your more traditional ruckmen, so you wouldnt think you would go after any more ruck sized talls over 200cm.

I hope we go after Kieran Collins here, I think he has a bit of Jack Darling about his body size at the same age but as a defender. I am planning for life after Jamison who wont last much longer and with a combination of Weitering and Collins I think we could be in a really good position, as well as Plowman being the 3rd tall.

BTW, Collins had a 14.1 beep test, Weitering a 15.1. That'd be a massive coup to have two endurance KPD locked away together and you could build around that for the future.

It looks like we are gonna get Francis, Oliver or Curnow (best available) with our 2nd pick who would all be great in their own right. Francis could be our 3rd tall with those above two, or go forward. Curnow could be a forward or a versatile Goddard type, or Oliver are hard nut mid. Either way I dont think we are doing ourselves a disservice by not fulfilling other needs and going after another KPD in Collins with this pick.

Kieran Collins for mine.

Last edited:
I wonder if we went after Gorringe which negates our need to get after Harrison McKay at this pick, being both boys are 200cm tall and that ruck/KPF role. We already have Kreuzer, Casboult and Gorringe as those you would say can reasonably play both roles, with both Phillips and Wood as your more traditional ruckmen, so you wouldnt think you would go after any more ruck sized talls over 200cm.

I hope we go after Kieran Collins here, I think he has a bit of Jack Darling about his body size at the same age but as a defender. I am planning for life after Jamison who wont last much longer and with a combination of Weitering and Collins I think we could be in a really good position, as well as Plowman being the 3rd tall.

BTW, Collins had a 14.1 beep test, Weitering a 15.1. That'd be a massive coup to have two endurance KPD locked away together and you could build around that for the future.

It looks like we are gonna get Francis, Oliver or Curnow (best available) with our 2nd pick who would all be great in their own right. Francis could be our 3rd tall with those above two, or go forward. Curnow could be a forward or a versatile Goddard type, or Oliver are hard nut mid. Either way I dont think we are doing ourselves a disservice by not fulfilling other needs and going after another KPD in Collins with this pick.

Kieran Collins for mine.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...n/news-story/16c3a99aec639e8752ab5b8ea8a758c1

Seems like the Hawks will get Collins, but I think we really need him and should take him at #11 if Oliver is gone (hopefully at #8 to CFC).

Collins has a great partnership with Weitering as they have been together since the age of 10, and to lock in both for our rebuild will be massive.

He won the clean hands test, has solid endurance, can hold all the high pick KPF's currently being selected (did not lose a match ups in the U18 Carnival - will hold the Danihers, McCartins, Hogans, Hawkins, Patton, Schache, etc. types). To get a player at #11 who will hold the player going at #2 this year is great value.

Collins is a KPD for our future, which is a position for immediate attention as Jamo and Rowe move on. KJ and Plowman are more third talls IMO, and it means we can swing Weitering forward if required to kick goals.

Collins will be a bargain at #11, expect him to play 200 AFL Games for CFC, and far cheaper than trying to trade in an established KPD next year.

Just can't see Weitering staying down back. Has all the attributes to run his opponent ragged, Riewoldt-like, in the forward half.

For that reason, I wouldn't mind Collins should we take him at #11. I don't think we'll be looking at it that way, but nor would I be surprised.

depends on who we get at 8. if we get mckay or weideman i would like a mid. if curnow is still around it has to be him, if not a balic or mathieson would be good. collins tempting to build defence around. we have so many positions to fill it isnt easy

You know its funny for all the attributes that we look for in a player, one that doesnt get discussed nearly as much is how they will gel with the team either in terms of game plan or personality. You already have a proven relationship between Weitering and Collins and you just wonder if people are talking about Collins as a last 1st rounder if that extra factor should not force him into heavy heavy consideration for pick 11.

Today's revision:

#8 Weideman then Curnow then McKay

#11 If we got Weideman, whoever remains from Curnow and Burton, then if not toss a coin McKay/Collins

#19 Gresham, then Tucker, then Cuningham

Reason:

Genuine KPF in Weideman.

Mobile athletic KPF/third tall so variety in attack. Curnow first because he may have the greater versatility than Burton.

McKay's position not set. Brought in Gorringe who is similar but highlights impressive.

Collins, don't want to spend all of our currency on defending rather than scoring but Weitering combination enticing.

Gresham just a pure mid and leader.

Tucker has the pedigree, vision and leadership.

Cuningham needs development but the speed and kicking skills look fantastic.

Back