Prediction Who will debut in 2020?

Who will make their senior debut in 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As always, with the list now set, we look towards the 2020 season.

Who will make their senior debut next year? How many games will they play, and why?

9 to choose from this time around, more than the past two seasons at least.

I would have thought Phillips and O'Brien very unlikely, they are both very raw. Owies and Honey a bit more advanced at this stage but probably not going to debut. I think all the other 5 are a chance to debut, especially if we drop out of the finals race. Kemp is likely to start back in the twos early enough in the season that if we are out of the finals race he might just be given a taste in the ones just for the experience. Likewise Ben Silvagni if he shows anything at all might be given a chance in the ones to see if he steps up in better company. If he doesn't make a debut this year he is likely on shaky ground to stay on the list and I think they will give him every chance before they cut him. The other three are all real chances to make a debut based on merit. Cottrell may be on the rookie list but training reports are quite positive, Philp flew home in the last half of his U18 year and that is often a pointer to a player going places and Ramsay has a lot to like about him. Of course it will all be impacted by how hard injuries hit as well as the form of these players, but that's my read of the situation.
O'Dwyer.

I think it’ll be very few, and aside from players making their Carlton debuts (Martin, Pittonet, Newnes) I see Philp as a likely early debutant and then we will see how the season transpires.

The off-season usually brings some surprises though. Maybe someone like Phillips gets some game time earlier on, based on the squad needs.

Cottrell will be competing with LOB and Stocker, but he’s another who could come in sooner rather than later.

Back