Prediction Who will debut in 2020?

Who will make their senior debut in 2020?

• Total voters
As always, with the list now set, we look towards the 2020 season.

Who will make their senior debut next year? How many games will they play, and why?

9 to choose from this time around, more than the past two seasons at least.

Great thread J

A few will surprise next, with or without injuries

Ben
Philp
Ramsay
Honey
Cottrell
Kemp

Kemp? That would be a surprise.

I was tempted to leave him off completely due to the injury.

He’ll have done incredibly well to put himself into a position to make his senior debut in 2020.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably only Cottrell. Philp an outside chance. Everyone else a long shot barring a horrendous injury list.

Yep. My honest opinion would be none of them will play seniors next year. Someone might, but i couldn't confidently say so. That is not a knock on any one of those players. There are some fine prospects there, but i don't expect any to play seniors next year.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

He’ll have done incredibly well to put himself into a position to make his senior debut in 2020.

If his rehab goes well, he could notch up a game or 2 late in the season, although, would also be happy to put him in cotton wool

Pafloyul

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2004
Somewhere else
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
I expect two or three of the draftees to be favoured over the likes of Lang and Cottrell by some stage of the second half of the season, even if the practicalities might favour otherwise. The likes of O'Brien will still have their ups and downs and we'll have our share of injuries, that's just the way I see it panning out. I don't see us having a ridiculously successful season and we'll still be whinging about a few players letting the others down from time to time.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Depending on how the injuries and the development of guys like Dow O'Brien Kennedy Stocker Macreadie Cuningham Williamson Gibbons DeKoning Goddard Cottrell, if any of J's list get a game it would be a bit of a surprise...
we are starting to get some greater depth and providing all are playing well ...

Cottrell- great tank, clean hands, good disposal and poise gives him a good chance to get a look at...
Philp- 187cm 80kg inside/outside hard running speed machine maybe a sneaky chance if form is strong... more I've seen and looked into this kid the more BIG KEV about him...
Kemp- no chance, play the long game get him ready for 2021...

Benaly28

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
We’d have to get a horrendous amount of injuries for any to debut but can happen I suppose.Out of all of them id put Kemp in cotton wool.No need to play him at all.Finally quality depth.Not deck chairs.

Injuries could open up opportunity, but maybe that's what it will take, but...

Cottrell - If Lang and Polson got games last season, then Cottrell has as good a chance this coming one.

Philip - He's the one that looks to have some tools that could come in handy, but not as an inside mid.

Kemp may come into the scene a little too late for senior exposure. Can't see that one coming about, nor BSilvagni for opportunity, as if Macreadie doesn't get a shot before him, we may have a good idea what may be in store for Harrison at years end.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Injuries could open up opportunity, but maybe that's what it will take, but...

Cottrell - If Lang and Polson got games last season, then Cottrell has as good a chance this coming one.

Philip - He's the one that looks to have some tools that could come in handy, but not as an inside mid.

Kemp may come into the scene a little too late for senior exposure. Can't see that one coming about, nor BSilvagni for opportunity, as if Macreadie doesn't get a shot before him, we may have a good idea what may be in store for Harrison at years end.

Gots to drop the 2nd i in Philp, Harks.

Think Cottrell could be given a chance, off the back of good form last year (don’t forget he was injured at the start of the season) & encouraging track reports - hope it continues.

Hopefully we’re not in a position to have preferred XVIII players missing but our previously drafted younger players are going to find it tough to keep positions let alone the physically raw new draftees but their pace may be a point of difference for some.

Hoping for solid VFL form & impact across 4 quarters from the younger ones for their development spike, including what Finbar can offer.

On the cards in this order
Cottrell | Owies* | Philp | Ramsay | B. Silvagni | Honey
*Injuries or resting Betts

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner

Wonder if we will put Kemp on the LTI straight away, I saw that the Bumbers have put Lachlan Johnson on there inactive list so they can add a player in the SSP think we will probably do the same with Kemp especially if Webb is training well and looking like a good option.

Back