• Sam Ramsay

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Would be extremely surprised if Durdin and Kemp don't debut this year (injury permitting). Would love a surprise by Carroll, Parks and Ramsay, while I hope last year's draftees in Cottrell, Philp, Honey and Owies also get some games.

Durdin, Carroll, Ramsay. Perhaps in that order, likely not (swap latter two).

Spend the year getting Kemp over those injuries. If he proves himself at VFL level then maybe give him a game or two at the end of the season. However, I hope that's not an option as we'll be too busy being in the thick of finals race/positioning for it to be a reality. If so, not a knock if he misses out if healthy.

I'm not writing Parks off either but I think it'll be much harder to get a game in his prinary position.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh, so not carlton debut.

I would say Durdin is favourite, but sticking with my man Ramsay

Ramsay's being developed in the backline, isn't he?

Seems he'd be a fair way down the pecking order - Doc, Plow, Saad, Willo, SPS, Newman, Cottrell, maybe Stocker and LOB.

Having not seen much of the kid, what sets his game apart from others to potentially move him up that list?

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Ramsay's being developed in the backline, isn't he?

Seems he'd be a fair way down the pecking order - Doc, Plow, Saad, Willo, SPS, Newman, Cottrell, maybe Stocker and LOB.

Having not seen much of the kid, what sets his game apart from others to potentially move him up that list?

Ramsay will play further up the ground in time, on a wing. Has great sideways movement and a beautiful left foot

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Durdin looks too be a very strong chance from club reports, i can see Carroll getting a game or two all depending on form and our injury list, Kemp certainly if his ankle syndesmosis injury doesn’t have any unexpected setbacks... Certainly getting to watch them in the next two preseason games first would allow a clearer assessment...

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Carroll much more likely than Kemp IMO. I think he is a belter and could be a bit like Tom Williamson was, has gone under the radar a fair bit and could be more ready physically than people think.

I would prefer to see BK get the cotton wool treatment and simply get fit. It's a huge step from last playing footy as a 16/17 year old over two years ago, to playing against AFL pros. I think people on this forum expect far too much from him. For mine, if he can get a handful + of games in the VFL and get some consistency, that's a good year from him.

Durdin would be a chance to debut but will depend on his and others form/injuries. I think if Parks plays we have had horror injuries, probably the same for Ramsay, although he has a year of VFL* under his belt.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I'm backing all to debut at some point, but none will play more than 5 games. Kemp will likely need to come back via the VFL with his new injury, and I think we will keep our powder dry with Durdin - he could play more than anticipated though.

Parks is one who might surprise given we need to build our KP depth, and he pending Marchbank's fitness he may come in earlier than expected.

Carroll and Ramsay we can raffle. Would love Ramsay to push for games, but not might be possible with our mix.

Back